Worried About My iGenex Results

Adams

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow and he said the results from my iGenex test were in so I'm assuming it wasn't positive. I'm also assuming he would tell me when I got the reminder call today.

He could also be waiting a day.

Adams

I got hit hard-core out of the blue in February. Stiff neck started it all. Then I became super weak in both upper arms. Doctor tested me for mono etc. All came back negative. Told me to see a neurologist. Saw him. He tested me for Lyme which came back negative. Then on day I had rising paralysis from my toes up to my legs. Had an appointment with the neurologist again a couple days later where he did an EMG/nerve conduction test which came back normal. Had to go tl the hospital where the paralysis climbed up my body and made it to my neck. They gave me a steroid shot and I went back to normal. After a crap ton of tests and MRI's they found nothing and told my I was psychosomatic. Went to see another doctor and he suggested iGenex because of the faulty Lyme testing. Decided to do not because I work outside and I know I've been bitten by at least 1 tick in the last 4yrs. I also pull them off me quite regularly. I just hope its that because I'm tired of feeling like I'm dying everyday. Or of they can at least confirm I'm dying.

Sorry, that was lengthy.

Barnes

Oh man, that sucks; it definitely sounds like it could be Lyme. I never really know whether to wish for a test to be positive or negative... but this constant searching and not knowing sucks.

Barnes

It's also this constant feel that one has to justify the symptoms for others... or that look you get at the doctor when yet another test came back negative.

Barnes

Yes, all the doctors thought I had Lyme disease at first but all tests came back negative; both antibody and LTT.

Barnes

I'm currently on a wait list for a clinic which specializes in rare diseases. The appointment is supposed to be by the end of the year/beginning of next year; that's sort of my last hope..

Adams

Yeah. I'm ultimately scared I have Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
I even tried Mayo Clinic but they said they didn't want to see me.

Barnes

I wouldn't worry about that too much until you have the results from the iGenex; also, the fact that your EMG was normal is at least a good indication that it's not that Hm... I'm not too familiar with the application procedure at Mayo Clinic; did they provide a reason?

Adams

No, the procedure is that you apply there, then they call you and ask you to tell them your story, after that the doctors decide if they are willing to treat you.

I was kind of shocked to learn all this.

Barnes

So I guess the search is finally over :) I'm really happy for you! Also I am glad that you don't have ALS.

Did you already start treatment?

Adams

Not yet. Through some other tests we did, we found out that my gut is pretty messed up so he wants me to do a diet change for a couple of weeks to get it back on track.

My vitamin c levels were low too so need those to be higher to help the antibiotics my doctor said. So I will get the antibiotics in a couple of weeks. He's trying to get my body in a better position to fight it I guess