Will online pharmacies eliminate physical pharmacies in business?

Martinsx

The world now belongs to technology and technology is obviously the future with the way everything is going on in the world currently. Online pharmacy stores seem to be growing at a very fast pace and there is every chance it's definitely affecting physical pharmacy store and hospital. Is it possible that online pharmacy would eliminate physical pharmacies?

Brandon

Staff member
The world now belongs to technology and technology is obviously the future with the way everything is going on in the world currently. Online pharmacy stores seem to be growing at a very fast pace and there is every chance it's definitely affecting physical pharmacy store and hospital. Is it possible that online pharmacy would eliminate physical pharmacies?
Probably not possible. One should always have an opportunity to go to a local pharmacy which is located close to home because there are urgent situations when you are in need of something basic like you are treating for running nose or sore throat.

Barida

In most countries, it is going to be difficult for online pharmacies to phase out the offline ones. See, the birth of online pharmacies in the first place is as a result of how the offline ones went into creating online stores to serve their customers better. So, being in a case of offline pharmacies going off is not going to work.

Daniel Smith

Nowadays online pharmacies are growing rapidly and the offers they are offering it is really tough for the physical pharmacies to cope with. But when you need medicines urgently you go to physical pharmacies because you get it right away and you do not have to wait to get it delivered like in case of online pharmacies.

Henry

The only challenge that online pharmacies are having is that of scam online drug stores. If they make plans to close most of the fake ones, I see online drug purchases rising by the day. I mean it is easier, cheaper and time-saving to buy drugs online and I don't think there is anyone who doesn't like that :love:

Theoheat

Seriously, I really don't think it would be possible at least for now because there are still a handful of people still out there in the world who don't feel comfortable with purchasing anything online and not to talk of their drugs. Both medical purchase medium will definitely rival each other for a very long time to come.

kevin001

I don't think so, because online pharmacies might be easy and maybe even cheaper, but the local pharmacy which is in your neighborhood is still most peoples first choice. For me , i would go to the local pharmacy if i need some medic, the pharmacist is friendly, and we can get a correct diagnosis and get the correct drug easily. If the drug is not available, i would consult him to order the drug online. Sometimes he knows the best online pharmacy site to order. So still the local pharmacy is important and would not be taken out.