Why isn't Walmart taking online coupons?

Taffyapple

I know the Walmart in my area recently changed a bunch of their stuff around that they used to do. Like matching ads and stuff like that. They are selective about what they will take. One lady told me the coupons were because of fraud, which I guess you really can not blame them there.

Bethany

From my little understanding, Walmart offers coupons that you can print and use in your local Walmart store so maybe they are more interested in offline activities with their coupons than online activities. You can still enquire more about this from their customer care or any local store closest to you.

Liam

Why isn't Walmart taking online coupons? I was at Walmart the other day and that they did not take them. Can someone refer me to a website that says why? Thanks!
The major reason why Walmart would refuse to accept online coupons or even paper printed coupons is because of the validity of such coupons, once you have a coupon which is not valid and can't be registered, Walmart will always reject such coupons. Also depending on the kind of coupon which you came with goes a long way in determining whether Walmart will accept or decline the coupon. They don't accept competitor/retailer coupons.

Martinsx

It's all about company's rules and policies, I'm very sure that it's well outlined in Walmart's privacy policy on the kinds of coupons they are likely to accept and the ones they are very much going to reject as well as the reason why they are having such coupons declined. Take, for instance, accepting a coupon from your competitors, who does that help? It's definitely not good for your business.

Ronnie

I think it’s to encourage people to come into the store to redeem the coupons they have. This will consequently force you to walk around the isles and most likely pick up other items along the way and makes giving you a discount a financially viable option for the company.

Adam

I agree with Ronnie. It’s a marketing strategy that is very effective for increasing sales and encourage more customers to come into the store instead of just redeeming their offer online. It's very unlikely you’ll go into Walmart and only buy your medicine. They’re banning on you also getting your other groceries on the way.

SydneyAyala

I think you should check if the coupon is acceptable by Walmart or if the coupon is still valid because coupons do expire and it will no longer be accepted by the shopping mall.

Dean

You can't accept coupons from all ends. Some come from competitors, some from fake sources, and some are customer-generated. Put yourself in Walmart's shoes.

Why isn't Walmart taking online coupons? I was at Walmart the other day and that they did not take them. Can someone refer me to a website that says why? Thanks!
It's the company's policy at the moment not to take coupon codes after they noticed that some buyers presented fake coupons a few months ago. Let's see how they sort it out soon.