Why are drugs purchased in online pharmacy cheaper?

Emmanuel

I have always been very curious about the secret behind why the same drugs that are expensive in physical pharmacies or hospitals are very cheaper when they are being bought through pharmacies online? Seriously, it just doesn't add up for me because they are the same drugs sold through different channels at different prices. Take the use of coupons aside because coupons are not always available, so what makes these drugs cheaper through online pharmacy?

jSmith

For a physical pharmacy, you will have to pay up rents, maintenance, and staff. But when you take online pharmacies, there is no rent or maintenance except for hosting and other related expenses. The need for staff is minimum because you can control and manage everything from the dashboard. So when you consider these expenses we can expect physical pharmacies to have relatively higher prices. But not all medics at physical pharmacies have higher prices than online pharmacies.

Diane

It could take a minimum of 1 person to manage an online site, and so there is no need to paying any staff or renting out a location or even paying electricity bills. All these factors are eliminated.

This allows online sites to mark down their prices and stay competitive against big brand stores.

JoeWright0

For a physical pharmacy, you should settle up rents, support, and staff. In any case, when you take online pharmacies, there is no lease or support aside from facilitating and other related costs. The requirement for staff is least since you can control and oversee everything from the dashboard. So when you consider these costs we can anticipate that physical pharmacies should have generally more significant expenses. In any case, not all surgeons at physical pharmacies have more significant expenses than online pharmacies.

Nolan

For the record, the cost of running and maintaining an online pharmacy is far cheaper than running and managing a physical pharmacy store. The staff, lots of registration, rent and so on all compound the cost of running a physical pharmacy store but managing an online pharmacy is relatively simple and easy to do without much hassle. Also, online pharmacies tend to get more generic drugs which are very cheaper compared to branded drugs.

Jaylyn Porter

I have always been very curious about the secret behind why the same drugs that are expensive in physical pharmacies or hospitals are very cheaper when they are being bought through pharmacies online? Seriously, it just doesn't add up for me because they are the same drugs sold through different channels at different prices. Take the use of coupons aside because coupons are not always available, so what makes these drugs cheaper through online pharmacy?
Well from an economic point of view the cost of operating an online store will be far cheaper than a physical retail outlet as the cost of rent or acquiring a landed property will be boycotted and this helps in making the items you intend to buy have a reduction in the cost but it doesn't really make sense if the cost of an item is more expensive in an online store than a physical store where you can walk in and buy any product.

Tommy

The main reason for this is an online drug store need not have a physical space. That means no rent or any other expenses regarding that. And also it is possible to be managed by a few admins. Those are the main reasons, I don't think the meds are cheaper because they are of lesser quality.

Labu Roy

That is mainly because they have no rent or other charges which has to be paid if they run a physical store, no rent = can sell items at a cheaper price retaining the same profit.

For a physical pharmacy, you will have to pay up rents, maintenance, and staff. But when you take online pharmacies, there is no rent or maintenance except for hosting and other related expenses. The need for staff is minimum because you can control and manage everything from the dashboard. So when you consider these expenses we can expect physical pharmacies to have relatively higher prices. But not all medics at physical pharmacies have higher prices than online pharmacies.
The logistics involved in setting up an offline pharmacy is the difference when you take a look at how they are setup. When you are talking about an online pharmacy, it takes a working website and a shipping company for you to be in business and that is all that is required. So, it is no surprise when you see drugs from online pharmacy being cheaper.

Rooster

It's the cost-benefit analysis. Online pharmacies have less business operation costs than brick and mortar stores.

Peter Bradley

It's all about working on a virtual store where the owners don't pay rent. It is what makes drugs purchased online cheaper.

Neil Dickson

Profit = Income - Expenses. The expenses that come with an online pharmacy aren't as much as the ones that come with brick-and-mortar pharmacies.

Barry Cleveland

Some are fake.