Why are counterfeit drugs on the increase?

Brushra

Over a couple of years, it's becoming alarmingly disturbing with the rate at which counterfeit drugs have increased in circulation both in online pharmacy stores and hospitals. My grandmother complained about her anxiety meds not being effective at one time and after careful assessment, it was discovered that the drug was a counterfeit.

What could really be the cause of this constant increase in counterfeit drugs flooding pharmacies?

Roberts

Just one word, the desire for more money. Counterfeit drugs will always flood the medical line as the agencies have given up. There are lots of tips on the forum on how one can check if a drug is fake or original and one of them is dropping the drugs into water. Such tips are life-saving ones for patients.

Liam

From my evaluation, it's obvious that these people manufacturing fake and substandard drugs don't value human or animal lives at all but all they care about is making millions of dollars from having such drugs flood the market. The fact that most drugs are expensive gives them the window to bring in substandard drugs at cheaper rates and make more sales at the expense of people's lives.

stephannie

Over a couple of years, it's becoming alarmingly disturbing with the rate at which counterfeit drugs have increased in circulation both in online pharmacy stores and hospitals. My grandmother complained about her anxiety meds not being effective at one time and after careful assessment, it was discovered that the drug was a counterfeit.

What could really be the cause of this constant increase in counterfeit drugs flooding pharmacies?
I don't really know why someone would just wake up with an idea to create a counterfeit drug knowing fully well that it can lead to adverse health complications or even death. This shows us how inhuman some humans can be and the government should take more drastic actions in clamping down on fake drug producers all over the world.

harjothkaur

These counterfeit drugs sellers really make me transform into a misanthrope; they make me believe that Heraclitus was right when he said that most humans are bad. Anyways, most counterfeit drugs come to Canada and the USA from other nations, mostly from the Indian Subcontinent and African countries. They are not produced much here.

I believe that governments are not taking strict enough actions against them. I believe that punishment for such heinous crimes must be increased and also the governments and their bodies should be more vigilant regarding the same.

stephannie

What could really be the cause of this constant increase in counterfeit drug flooding pharmacies?
I don't think it's only greed for money, but also, total lack of regard for human lives. Some people don't just care about the existence or wellness of their fellow human beings and this makes me think we need a better classification for people who don't just care about terminating others just for fun or for cash.

stephannie

These counterfeit drugs sellers really make me transform into a misanthrope; they make me believe that Heraclitus was right when he said that most humans are bad. Anyways, most counterfeit drugs come to Canada and the USA from other nations, mostly from the Indian Subcontinent and African countries. They are not produced much here.

I believe that governments are not taking strict enough actions against them. I believe that punishment for such heinous crimes must be increased and also the governments and their bodies should be more vigilant regarding the same.
I don't think it's about being bad as humans, I want to believe those producing counterfeit drugs are basically fighting a war but using drugs as a weapon because those drugs have destinations where they intend to sell them and kill humans there or make their health worse and they can die a natural death of poor or ineffective treatment and who gets the blame, the hospitals or the pharmacies.

Eleanor

What could really be the cause of this constant increase in counterfeit drug flooding pharmacies?
I think it's the underlying government's strictness level.

Samantha Hinton

The government has been to be involved in pushing the increase of fake pills as well because I believe that they have the power to put an absolute end to it but they are doing nothing.

Hugh Karim

For money making, those that manufacture fake pills won't rest. They want to increase profit at the expense of lives out there.