Who thinks TSH 3.4 is always a good marker?

Barnes

What do you all think about doctors who only decide upon TSH?

Who thinks TSH 3.4 is always a good marker?

Bell

TSH normal values are from 0.5 to 5 so 3.4 is a good marker.
The doctor can always follow up with a THT (T4) if needed.

Barnes

TSH 3.4 doesn't always mean good and t3 and t4 should be checked yearly if somebody has no TSH of 1.

TSH can be healthy and the ft3/4 can be bad.

Do u know any medical reason if one can't gain strength and muscle from training?

Barnes

It makes me so depressive if i see others gain muscle and me not and I don't know what doctor i should contact for this specific problem.

A GP can't do shit I guess.

They can make a complete blood count and that's it.

Bell

The TSH test is a more accurate test than the t3 t4 tests. Like I said earlier, 3.4 on a TSH test is good and the doctor can conduct a t4 test to follow up. A TSH test should be done first. Yes, you are correct a TSH test can come back as healthy and the t3 t4 can be off. I never said they can't be but you asked me if 3.4 on a TSH test is a good reading and it 100% is.

Barnes

Not always! With levothyroxine my bloating is not hurting anymore and the bloating is reduced!

Plus warmer hands and feet.

Plus I am more fit.

Slow thyroid = sibo and no strength. you cant gain muscle if you have a shit thyroid.

Are you a medical student? What year?

Bell

I'm not sure about your muscle/strength question and I am not a med student, I am a pharmacy student year 3 of 6.

Barnes

Oh! Okay. No seriously now.

TSH 3 is often too high.

The closer we go to TSH of 1 the less symptoms a person has.

I can't give any studies for that though lol. But they are out there in the wild.

So why did you pick pharma, Bell?

I mean one might think u just wanna solve the symptoms and not the cause.

Thus make a profit infinitely.

Bell

The ultimate goal is to solve the cause, however, we cannot ignore the symptoms altogether. In most cases, I think it is easier to solve the symptoms than the root of the issue. That is why we often focus on the symptoms.

Barnes

But it seems like docs and pharma are spending 10000 times more time into helping with symptoms and not with causes.

Bell

You might be right! The distribution of funds is not where it needs to be in order to achieve the best results for people.

Are you in the healthcare field yourself?