Who should be held responsible for abusing drugs bought online

Brandon

Staff member
Since it's very difficult to checkmate how one purchases and uses drugs from online pharmacies if such actions result in a health problem, who should be held accountable for it? The person that purchased the drugs online or the online pharmacy?
I think everyone is responsible for their own health, that's why they should be very serious about purchasing drugs from online pharmacies.

Theoheat

Since it's very difficult to checkmate how one purchases and uses drugs from online pharmacies if such actions result in a health problem, who should be held accountable for it? The person that purchased the drugs online or the online pharmacy?
This is a very tough question for me to answer because of how technical the situation might get. Anyone can have access to a laptop or smartphone which gives such person a direct connection to online pharmacy stores. In a situation where the person is under age but still manages to purchase and abuse the drugs bought online, the online pharmacy store might be held responsible for selling to an underage or a minor. Another thing to consider would be, how would the online pharmacy stores know they are selling to a minor?

kevin001

First of all, like @Brandon said, we are responsible for our own health. But I should say the person who owns the pharmacy store is the person who should take responsibility if something happens to a person who uses medications taken from that online pharmacy site. If we can take legal actions strictly on them, it might reduce scam sites.

Martinsx

If you sell to a minor, whether anything goes wrong or not, you should held responsible for such transaction because a minor should be off your selling customer range. Some online pharmacies don't take extra precautions because they believe in anonymity but it's totally wrong because life is always at stake when it comes to taking pills.

But if an adult decision is to abuse the drugs he bought, then anything consequences that follows his actions is his responsibility to deal with and not the online pharmacy.

Caitlin27

I think both the user and the seller have a level of accountability. Although there are only so many barriers to entry the pharmacies can create before those who are desperate will misuse the system or find a way to get what they need.

The pharmacies often don’t sell the types of drugs that when abused can lead to severe medical complications in a short space of time. However, there are many drugs sold that could be and often are bought for non-medical use online.

Some online purchases can be made anonymously and this is often where complications will arise, allowing underaged users to become anonymous, authorized customers. In this example, the pharmacies should be liable.

Barida

The truth is that it is going to be difficult for online pharmacies to track what customers use the medicines they buy online to do. A drug abuse person can send another person to make drug orders online for them as well all in the name to avoid being tracked, so we need to avoid abusing drugs for our safety.

Booth

For me, it depends on if the online pharmacy knows that the person purchasing the drug is underage, that's when the pharmacy will be held responsible. But if the person is an adult, he or she should be held responsible for his or her stupid action.

Elijah

If the drugs are sold without a prescription, the online pharmacy should be held accountable but if it's sold with a prescription, then the buyer/user should be held accountable.

Masum Ahmed

Both should be held responsible for their actions. The person who abuses the drugs should top the drug seller because I'm sure they had prescription but decided to abuse the drugs.

Colin Mason

I don't think online pharmacy will tell you to abuse the drugs you purchased, so if one happens to abuse the drugs, it's on the user.