Who here knows of Zoldorm?

Okay, thanks Armando and Marquis.

It is late now. I am going to continue myself to not drag this until this morning. I am going to read about Pitolisant and maybe, I will try to understand a bit more about how melatonin works.

See you!

"It was found that the inverse agonist of histamine-3 receptors, thioperamide, increased the firing activity of dopamine neurons in the ventral tegmental area. ... It can be concluded that histamine stimulates serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine transmission in the brain."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25820671/

If Pitolisant has some other effect, like serotonin reuptake inhibition or something, I think I would have read about it. Yesterday was pretty late for me. I m a bit embarrassed, that I forgot about the anticholinergic (side)effect of antihistamines. It's critical information as there are people with narrow-angle glaucoma who are not allowed to take anticholinergic drugs.

That mechanism is fascinating because it has never been used before. Why do most sleep meds destroy sleep architecture?

(I read something that claimed melatonin receptor agonists don't do that but I don't know how that works)

I don't know where to put this question: can inverse agonists be blocked by antagonists? Also can inverse agonists act without the presence of agonists?

Yes and yes. 2nd question is kind of confusing. Basically, most receptors actually have some level of activity by default and inverse agonist turns this off. Agonists could block inverse agonists from binding, similarly to antagonists or vice versa.

How does the "trip killer" action of benzos and similar sedatives work? Is it just sedation pulling the person out of the experience or is it more complex?