What will you do if you have expired drugs shipped to you?

Barida

I have been thinking of making orders from medicine delivery from an online pharmacy in another state far from mine and this thought struck me. What if they end up shipping some of the drugs that have expired to me and I get to find out?

If such things happen to you or have happened, how will you handle it?

johnsms

First of all, I would realize that this is a careless or untrustworthy online pharmacy, and I would consider buying drugs from a different, and more reliable online pharmacy. I would also return the drugs and ask for a replacement.

In some countries you may be able to sue the pharmacy, if they have a physical presence.

Dan Roland

Some drugs are still potent past their expiration date. However, if your are sceptical about the drugs, you shouldn't use them.

I don't recommend suing them, unless the drugs caused serious health issues. You may end up losing more money in the law suit that you get out of it. Also, if they are an online only pharmacy, it may be impossible to sue them. In that case, you may need to buy drugs from a different pharmacy.

This issue can easily be avoided by buying your drugs from popular online pharmacies that are trusted. These are pharmacies with fast delivery of medicines, to help you finish your treatment in time. They usally care about their reputation, and will quickly take care of the issue if it occurs.

If I had received expired drugs, at first I would be angry, then try to contact the customer care and ask for a replacement and would try to find a trustworthy pharmacy to buy from in the future.

tomconti

I would contact the customer care and ask for a refund, and if they don't give the refund to me on time, I would leave negative feedback for the pharmacy every place I could. Consuming expired drugs is like consuming poison in certain cases.

If a pharmacy sends you expired drugs, it really proves how careless, ignorant and unprofessional they are.

Emmanuel Adam

I won't take orders from such online pharmacy again and in cases where the price of the drugs that I purchased is one that I can overlook, then I will. However, if it is pretty expensive, then I will seek legal advice on how to recover my money. I expect each online pharmacy to crosscheck each order before sending them through to the customers.

Taffyapple

I would get ahold of the pharmacy and tell them I wanted new ones sent to me. Or to refund me the money. I did not pay for an expired RX, so, therefore, I expect to have meds that are up to date.

ninjaX

The first thing you must do when you get ordered drugs is to check their expiration dates. Expired medications could even cause death. If the drugs you received is expired, contact the site immediately and inform them, and ask for a refund. Don't order from that site again and do not let anyone use it too.

Hadley Guzman

As a matter of first importance, I would understand this is an indiscreet or conniving on the web pharmacy, and I would consider purchasing drugs from an alternate, and increasingly dependable online pharmacy. I would likewise restore the medications and request a substitution. In certain nations, you might have the option to sue the pharmacy, on the off chance that they have a physical nearness.

Tanu

I have been thinking of making orders from medicine delivery from an online pharmacy in another state far from mine and this thought struck me. What if they end up shipping some of the drugs that have expired to me and I get to find out?

I will throw it away and bother less getting meds from such a fake pharmacy next time.

Michael Cohn

Not using the drugs will be the best thing to do. Be safe first before thinking of the next line of action to take.

Making sure that the online pharmacy get sued is one of the least things that I will do in that kind of situation.

Well, it simply means that the pharmacy is not up to standard but contact them first and try to resolve it. You can always tell from their response whether it was a mistake or not and you would do well to report them.
Same idea that I have about how to handle this kind of situation too. Contacting the pharmacy will be of a greater help.

The first thing you must do when you get ordered drugs is to check their expiration dates. Expired medications could even cause death. If the drugs you received is expired, contact the site immediately and inform them, and ask for a refund. Don't order from that site again and do not let anyone use it too.
What if they don't refund?

Evans

If I had received expired drugs, at first I would be angry, then try to contact the customer care and ask for a replacement and would try to find a trustworthy pharmacy to buy from in the future.
I won't waste time in tagging them a fake online pharmacy. Why should I contact them? 😡