What induces travel sickness..

Bethany

So I've got an assignment on travel sickness. Any help you guys? I could compile a lot from your general discussions..😅

Rainbow

The symptoms of motion sickness appear when the central nervous system receives conflicting messages from the sensory systems: the inner ear, eyes, skin pressure receptors, and the muscle and joint sensory receptors.

Barnes

I think I'm gonna continue from where you stopped..

When these parts send conflicting information, your brain doesn't know whether you're stationary or moving. Your brain's confused reaction makes you feel sick. Guess this can help..🙂

Bell

So its basically an illusion where our brain thinks we are moving forward and backwards at the same time. Hmm, good to know..

Don

I agree with Dixon. The mind and the brain are not the same. The brain is an organ but the mind is not. The brain is the physical place where the mind resides. The mind simply portrays thought, perception, emotion, determination, memory and imagination that takes place within the brain. So they are connected but not the same.

Dixon

I agree with Dixon. The mind and the brain are not the same. The brain is an organ but the mind is not. The brain is the physical place where the mind resides. The mind simply portrays thought, perception, emotion, determination, memory and imagination that takes place within the brain. So they are connected but not the same.
Exactly! Thank you Don.

Armstrong

Ginger helps a lot against motion sickness. I once had motion sickness and threw up a lot on a train to Chicago a while ago. Ginger really saved my butt out there..

Cox

There is actually one theory, though I don't find it convincing. it suggests that nausea from motion sickness is an effect of an evolutionary adaptation to protect ourselves from poison. Stating that some toxins, when ingested, can mess with the vestibular system so be body reacts to keep homeosatasis.

Kleo

Focusing the eyes on objects straight ahead may help. Avoid overeating, alcohol and smoking before travel. Oral or patch medications can prevent or treat symptoms of motion sickness.