What are the side effects of using fake pills?

Isabella34

What are the worst side effects that you know of from using fake pills? I assume often that fake pills are made with the cheapest stuff people can find. I would hope that people would not add harmful chemicals to them but I am sure that some of them are made that way. What side effects have you seen?

ADOLPH

While I have been pretty lucky not to make use of fake pills, I've read news of fake pills going as far as killing its users. You know that some contain substances that are not good with the body and that's why it is advisable that we trade with caution when buying drugs both at offline and online pharmacies.

Dave

What are the worst side effects that you know of from using fake pills? I assume often that fake pills are made with the cheapest stuff people can find. I would hope that people would not add harmful chemicals to them but I am sure that some of them are made that way. What side effects have you seen?
I've seen a kid in New York when I was there for a vacation experience nose bleeding as a result of fake pills. The family got lucky as the danger wasn't that severe. That was the first time to see a reaction of fake pills on someone and it wasn't a palatable experience!

Emma1

If fake, the drug may:
  • contain a different quantity of the original active ingredient
  • contain totally different active ingredients
  • contain toxic ingredients
  • bear forged manufacturer's data on the packaging
  • have been completely repackaged
  • have been produced under conditions that do not conform with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)
  • have not been transported and stored properly
You may experience unexpected side effects, allergic reactions, or a worsening of a medical condition. Such unexpected effects must be reported immediately to a physician.

Hayley

Diarrhea. A proper one; leave alone these ones that can excuse you for a lunch or whatever. I'll spare you the details for now.

Linda12

Taking a fake pill can wipe away a family! I wish there will be none of it in this country.

Peter Bradley

Once had a neighbor that ran mad because of drug abuse. It was a terrible experience.

Clive Davies

I don't know if "no change" can be a side effect, but that's what I've observed often happens with these pills.