What are the early symptoms of leukaemia?

Eva Kramer

I was diagnosed with Leukemia at age 37. One month after getting a double mastectomy to get rid of breast cancer. For me it was extreme fatigue.. then I started breaking out in a rash I'd never had before - and I still have the unknown rash 7 years later, although that not a typical sign of Leukemia. That's what alerted me that something was wrong with my body. Then my lymph nodes started to swell painlessly. I should mention that my lymph nodes have become swollen often when I was growing up. Naturally, when I tried to tell my doctors something was wrong they overlooked it I had to be assertive to be heard and taken seriously.
I was a leukemia patient 6 years ago but thank God I was able to get better and recover from it.

Sophie Fox

Common leukemia signs and symptoms include:
  • Fever or chills
  • Persistent fatigue, weakness
  • Frequent or severe infections
  • Losing weight without trying
  • Swollen lymph nodes, enlarged liver or spleen
  • Easy bleeding or bruising
  • Recurrent nosebleeds

Swollen lymph nodes, enlarged liver or spleen

These are the major symptoms of leukemia as far as I'm concerned because it's very clear.

Jaxon

Common leukemia signs and symptoms include:
  • Fever or chills
  • Persistent fatigue, weakness
  • Frequent or severe infections
  • Losing weight without trying
  • Swollen lymph nodes, enlarged liver or spleen
  • Easy bleeding or bruising
  • Recurrent nosebleeds
Who wouldn't want to lose weight without trying 😂? I'm guessing it's the only good thing that leukemia offers.

anatoly95

Who wouldn't want to lose weight without trying 😂? I'm guessing it's the only good thing that leukemia offers.
It sounds very funny but I actually see a point in what you are saying because losing weight isn't any easy task.