What are the early symptoms of leukaemia?

lifehistore

I was diagnosed with Leukemia at age 37. One month after getting a double mastectomy to get rid of breast cancer. For me it was extreme fatigue.. then I started breaking out in a rash I'd never had before - and I still have the unknown rash 7 years later, although that not a typical sign of Leukemia. That's what alerted me that something was wrong with my body. Then my lymph nodes started to swell painlessly. I should mention that my lymph nodes have become swollen often when I was growing up. Naturally, when I tried to tell my doctors something was wrong they overlooked it I had to be assertive to be heard and taken seriously.

Alfredo

Symptoms are common to many diseases. Manifestations can be localized. The first signs of leukemia in adults:
  • causeless low-grade fever, profuse sweating at night;
  • weakness, increased fatigue;
  • swollen lymph nodes;
  • enlarged spleen and liver;
  • joint pain;
  • persistent headaches;
  • manifestations associated with a violation of blood coagulation: bleeding gums, bruises, nosebleeds, the presence of red dots under the skin.

Luka

Leukemia is a cancer of the blood or bone marrow. Bone marrow produces blood cells. Leukemia can develop due to a problem with blood cell production. It usually affects the leukocytes, or white blood cells.
Symptoms of leukemia include the following:

Poor blood clotting: This can cause a person to bruise or bleed easily and heal slowly. They may also develop petechiae, which are small red and purple spots on the body. These indicate that blood is not clotting properly.

Petechiae develop when immature white blood cells crowd out platelets, which are crucial for blood clotting.

Frequent infections: The white blood cells are crucial for countering infection. If white blood cells are not working correctly, a person may develop frequent infections. The immune system may attack the body's own cells.

Anemia: As fewer effective red blood cells become available, a person may become anemic. This means that they do not have enough hemoglobin in their blood. Hemoglobin transports iron around the body. A shortage of iron can lead to difficult or labored breathing and pale skin.

Other symptoms may include:

• nausea
  • fever
  • chills
  • night sweats
  • flu-like symptoms
  • weight loss
  • bone pain
  • tiredness
If the liver or spleen becomes swollen, a person may feel full and eat less, resulting in weight loss.

Weight loss may also occur even without an enlarged liver or spleen. A headache may indicate that cancerous cells have entered the central nervous system (CNS).

Dave

Common leukemia signs and symptoms include:
  • Fever or chills
  • Persistent fatigue, weakness
  • Frequent or severe infections
  • Losing weight without trying
  • Swollen lymph nodes, enlarged liver or spleen
  • Easy bleeding or bruising
  • Recurrent nosebleeds
Easy bleeding is one serious symptom of leukemia that doctors are not looking at. Trust me, once it gets to that part of bleeding at any slight incident, then one needs to get tested.

Branden Meyer

Many people with leukaemia usually show symptoms of stress and easily get tired when getting some activities done, then frequent infections too which is common. Sometimes, they have a loss of appetite and lose weight which makes them look feeble no stamina. Leukaemia is the cancer of the blood and many people do not often experience symptoms in the early stage of some types of leukaemia.

Cael Juarez

I was diagnosed with Leukemia at age 37. One month after getting a double mastectomy to get rid of breast cancer. For me it was extreme fatigue.. then I started breaking out in a rash I'd never had before - and I still have the unknown rash 7 years later, although that not a typical sign of Leukemia. That's what alerted me that something was wrong with my body. Then my lymph nodes started to swell painlessly. I should mention that my lymph nodes have become swollen often when I was growing up. Naturally, when I tried to tell my doctors something was wrong they overlooked it I had to be assertive to be heard and taken seriously.
What stage of leukimia was it that you had to get a surgery??

Kenley Johnson

Is there any chance to cure leukimia with medicine and without surgery?? Or is it impossible 🤔

Adyson Gibbs

Shaking cold and fever. You will be feeling like you got socked in ice water. It's a horrible feeling.

Skylar Stout

Leukemia is a cancer of the blood or bone marrow. Bone marrow produces blood cells. Leukemia can develop due to a problem with blood cell production. It usually affects the leukocytes, or white blood cells.

Poor blood clotting: This can cause a person to bruise or bleed easily and heal slowly. They may also develop petechiae, which are small red and purple spots on the body. These indicate that blood is not clotting properly.

Petechiae develop when immature white blood cells crowd out platelets, which are crucial for blood clotting.

Frequent infections: The white blood cells are crucial for countering infection. If white blood cells are not working correctly, a person may develop frequent infections. The immune system may attack the body's own cells.

Anemia: As fewer effective red blood cells become available, a person may become anemic. This means that they do not have enough hemoglobin in their blood. Hemoglobin transports iron around the body. A shortage of iron can lead to difficult or labored breathing and pale skin.

• nausea
  • fever
  • chills
  • night sweats
  • flu-like symptoms
  • weight loss
  • bone pain
  • tiredness
If the liver or spleen becomes swollen, a person may feel full and eat less, resulting in weight loss.

Weight loss may also occur even without an enlarged liver or spleen. A headache may indicate that cancerous cells have entered the central nervous system (CNS).
This is completely detailed and spot on. Only chemotherapy can be used to treat the health problem at the moment successfully.

How do you feel now??

Orlando Dudley

Below are the 7 symptoms of leukemia. It's such a horrible blood disease.

Cael Parker

Common leukemia signs and symptoms include:
  • Fever or chills
  • Persistent fatigue, weakness
  • Frequent or severe infections
  • Losing weight without trying
  • Swollen lymph nodes, enlarged liver or spleen
  • Easy bleeding or bruising
  • Recurrent nosebleeds
These looks very horrible. I would never wish to suffer from such health problem because I might not survive it.

Davies

• nausea
  • fever
  • chills
  • night sweats
  • flu-like symptoms
  • weight loss
  • bone pain
  • tiredness

The bone pain must be tough on those suffering from leukemia. I know how painful it is when I hit my leg on a metal.

Riley

I really hate hearing about leukemia as it killed one of my dear cousin. It really caused us lots of pains.