Using mobile authentication to discover fake drugs

Barida

The world of technology is making things easier and that has affected the way that we buy drugs whether online or at the pharmaceutical stores around us. Some years back, what you depend on when checking the originality of drugs is just the registered number printed on the packet, but with the codes, which can be scratched at the point of purchase, you can check if the drug is original by texting the codes, free, to a designated number. You will get a message almost immediately on it as you can see from the picture below.

To me, I believe this has helped to curb the menace that fake pills bring to society and it's a good development you should take advantage of when buying the next drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oskar

The world of technology is making things easier and that has affected the way that we buy drugs whether online or at the pharmaceutical stores around us. Some years back, what you depend on when checking the originality of drugs is just the registered number printed on the packet, but with the codes, which can be scratched at the point of purchase, you can check if the drug is original by texting the codes, free, to a designated number. You will get a message almost immediately on it as you can see from the picture below.

To me, I believe this has helped to curb the menace that fake pills bring to society and it's a good development you should take advantage of when buying the next drugs.
Smartphone apps that work as a barcode scanner have been around for a long time. With their help, you can also find information on the Internet about the product of interest. It is obvious that a single database will have a number of advantages over the "dump" sites with information about a particular drug. For example, immediately after scanning the bar code, the information about the medicine will appear on the screen. However, I want to question the effectiveness of determining the authenticity of the drug with this application. It is planned that the packaging of the drug can be compared with the original photo from the database. Of course, in some cases, this method will be effective, but for manufacturers of counterfeits imitation of package sizes and colors is unlikely to cause great difficulties.

simeon

I have used such apps before and they work marvellously. I am still waiting for the day when they create apps to discover fake herbal supplements. I believe that I have been looted by a well-known brand name in the past for thousands of dollars that sold me caffeine in disguise of herbal supplements.

Jaxon

This is something that I have never joked about before especially considering how much I love myself and good health when it comes to taking my drugs and ensuring that the drugs are very good and of high quality. Typhoid fever is a very serious health problem around here and my best antibiotics for its treatment are Augmentin. I always ensure that I use the mobile authentication code to verify the veracity of the drugs before I purchase them.

Riley

I have used such apps before and they work marvellously. I am still waiting for the day when they create apps to discover fake herbal supplements. I believe that I have been looted by a well-known brand name in the past for thousands of dollars that sold me caffeine in disguise of herbal supplements.
Sorry about your experience with herbal products. I believe pharmaceutical companies are doing all they could to ensure that everything works as planned when it comes to the sale of fake pills to the public. Soon, the incidents of such will reduce with safe online pharmacies gaining popularity!

Nolan12

This is something that I have never joked about before especially considering how much I love myself and good health when it comes to taking my drugs and ensuring that the drugs are very good and of high quality. Typhoid fever is a very serious health problem around here and my best antibiotics for its treatment are Augmentin. I always ensure that I use the mobile authentication code to verify the veracity of the drugs before I purchase them.
That's a good plan! Augmentin may have fake versions of it same with other popular drugs and the ability to handle everything fine makes a whole lot of difference when it comes to using mobile authentication to check if the drug is original.

Heather

I have seen this used by pharmaceutical companies to ensure that it's only their original drugs that are used by people who purchase them. The problem I have noticed sometimes is that most people don't really check to use this mobile authentication to verify their drugs. Maybe a little more awareness needs to be created for people to take advantage of this property.

Trufel

@Barida that is a great idea, that would make it possible to know if it is a genuine drug manufactured from the original company.
If the code could send back some details like manufacture date, expire date and etc, it would make us sure about the drug and could use confidently, plus it is impossible to fake the drug or change dates and resell.

Sofia

@Barida that is a great idea, that would make it possible to know if it is a genuine drug manufactured from the original company.
If the code could send back some details like manufacture date, expire date and etc, it would make us sure about the drug and could use confidently, plus it is impossible to fake the drug or change dates and resell.
Yes, the code gives you such information. It's the essence of getting to use the code. It's why when the authentication fails, then you know the drugs are not legit.

John Francis

This is beautiful! If more pharmaceutical companies can adopt this method, then they won't have the fake versions of their drugs in the market.

Luke Cheater

I have seen this used by pharmaceutical companies to ensure that it's only their original drugs that are used by people who purchase them. The problem I have noticed sometimes is that most people don't really check to use this mobile authentication to verify their drugs. Maybe a little more awareness needs to be created for people to take advantage of this property.
I've never seen it personally.

Farah Islam

What are the names of these apps?