The doctor says I have kidney stones..

Mandarine

I was diagnosed to have kidney stones. Although my doctor reassured me, I'm still scared. Anyone here with any past experience relating to this condition?

Mandarine

Do you experience intense abdominal pain often?
No. Not really. Well, I had an intense abdominal pain once. I thought it was ulcer and went for a scan and the doctor said I had kidney stones. He scheduled another appointment with me this week but I've been worried ever since.

Alfredo

No. Not really. Well, I had an intense abdominal pain once. I thought it was ulcer and went for a scan and the doctor said I had kidney stones. He scheduled another appointment with me this week but I've been worried ever since.
Trust me, if your kidney stone was one to worry about, you'd be in an emergency room right now..

Grant

You shouldn't be. Besides, kidneys stones are more common in males than females. They cause less problems to females.

Davies

Trust me, if your kidney stone was one to worry about, you'd be in an emergency room right now..
True! I doubt it's a serious case. Guys are more at a higher risk of danger from kidney stones than ladies due our narrow genitalia..

Lily Michael

I was diagnosed to have kidney stones. Although my doctor reassured me, I'm still scared. Anyone here with any past experience relating to this condition?
I once had a similar experience. Kidney stones actually dissolve most times by themselves before they are passed out..

Grant

Kidney stones are just small, hard deposits that forms in the kidneys and is often a bit painful when passed depending on the size of the stone..
Kidney stones are hard deposits of minerals and acid salts that stick together in concentrated urine. They can be painful when passing through the urinary tract, but usually don't cause permanent damage.

Grant

Why do they occur more in males than females?
A high protein and high salt diet makes kidney stones more likely and men tend to retain more of these in their system than women. This increases the tendency of the occurrence of kidney stones in men.

Felix

What are the early signs that shows that I have kidney stones?
Severe pain on either side of your lower back, pain or stomach ache that doesn't go away, blood in the urine, nausea or vomiting, fever and cold. These are just a few signs that could arise..

Elizbeth

I don't think it's much of a worry. It's probably not a big stone..Just make sure you drink a lot of water..