Smoking

Conner

Hello everyone! ☀

I have been smoking for 20 years, since school. But I'm a weird smoker. I smoke when I have nothing to do or with my friends. Or when I'm worried.
Sometimes I "forget" to smoke. I haven't smoked for several days. And about a week ago I lit a cigarette and did not go. It was some kind of disgusting taste.
Maybe it's time to quit? 🚬

Alfredo

Hello everyone! ☀

I have been smoking for 20 years, since school. But I'm a weird smoker. I smoke when I have nothing to do or with my friends. Or when I'm worried.
Sometimes I "forget" to smoke. I haven't smoked for several days. And about a week ago I lit a cigarette and did not go. It was some kind of disgusting taste.
Why not? Everything depends on your desire

Idella

Hello everyone! ☀

I know several smokers with decent experience and the habit of smoking a pack and more cigarettes per day, who quit right away. However, often, people are pushed to this by emerging health problems.

Harold

As for me, I realized that smoking was my guideline, then the fight began on the physical level, I eventually won and hadn't smoked for 8 years periodically quitting. I haven't smoked for 3 years already and I will not do this again)))

Ethan

As for me, I realized that smoking was my guideline, then the fight began on the physical level, I eventually won and hadn't smoked for 8 years periodically quitting. I haven't smoked for 3 years already and I will not do this again)))
Well done! In general, this is true, everything is in our head. Many people say it's impossible to quit but you need to start with your thoughts.

Eli

I have not smoked for 2 weeks, I hope I will not smoke anymore!!!

I have over 20 years of experience and smoked since childhood. I could smoke 2 packs a day, then a pack in 4 days. Differently. 6 years ago I gave up alcohol. Now cigarettes. It's time to think about health.

Blake

I read this thread and decided to write. I smoked, quit, then again did not smoke for a couple of years. In 2010, due to severe stress, I started smoking again. And for the last 2 years I began to smoke too much. It takes a pack a day, sometimes more. Previously, a pack lasted for 2-3 days. In the morning I get up and the first thing I do is smoking. I can smoke 2 cigarettes in a row. Or smoke a second cigarette 15 minutes after the first, and smoke another 30 minutes later. It scares me :eek:

Antonio

I read this thread and decided to write. I smoked, quit, then again did not smoke for a couple of years. In 2010, due to severe stress, I started smoking again. And for the last 2 years I began to smoke too much. It takes a pack a day, sometimes more. Previously, a pack lasted for 2-3 days. In the morning I get up and the first thing I do is smoking. I can smoke 2 cigarettes in a row. Or smoke a second cigarette 15 minutes after the first, and smoke another 30 minutes later. It scares me :eek:
Oh, I have the same problem! Long ago I came to the idea that smoking should be quitted. I read Alan Carr, did not smoke for a week, then got nervous and started again. Every day I think about giving up. And the next morning I smoke again...

Blake

Oh, I have the same problem! Long ago I came to the idea that smoking should be quitted. I read Alan Carr, did not smoke for a week, then got nervous and started again. Every day I think about giving up. And the next morning I smoke again...
It seems to me that my psychological dependence is stronger than physical. I often smoke when there is nothing to do and when I am nervous. When I need to think over some important issue, make a decision, I light a cigarette, and sit thinking. It seems that cigarettes in this case somehow help to think better.

Antonio

It seems to me that my psychological dependence is stronger than physical. I often smoke when there is nothing to do and when I am nervous. When I need to think over some important issue, make a decision, I light a cigarette, and sit thinking. It seems that cigarettes in this case somehow help to think better.
But this is just an illusion. Cigarettes will not help you deal with stress or better reflect on the situation. But I can't do anything about it either. Especially in stressful situations my hand reaches for a cigerette unintentionally. Motivation seems to exit and quite serious. But I just can't get myself together and quit.

Brian

If you are a person of principle, then the best way to quit smoking is to bet! I quit using this method haha
Sometimes I want to smoke, but self-respect is higher than my urge to smoke.

Aaron

I smoked since I was 16. Now I am 28. Two years ago I realized that I like smoking and I don't need to reproach myself for it. I thought I just needed to have fun. I was doing it for a week and then got sick. But I smoked 2 packs per day!

Albert

I smoked for 10 years. I quit when my health problems started. As they say, it all depends on the mood, gentlemen! The main thing is to understand that this is just a habit, and habits usually go away if desired.

Vita Terry

I smoked for more than 15 years, but when I found out that I was pregnant, the desire to smoke vanished. I still do not smoke. My husband, looking at me, also decided to quit and did it easily without any and preparations.

Wade

I started smoking when I was 17. Now I'm 24. I didn't smoke much, I had a pack for 3-4 days. From 21-22 years old I began to smoke less and less .... 3 cigarettes a day, 2, 1 ... 1 time in 3 days, etc. Then I stopped. It just happened somehow spontaneously, I didn't even notice how. I have a desire, when I see someone smoking next to me, but for some reason the taste has become disgusting.

The only exception is that I can happily smoke a cigarette or two if I drink... Well, on average, it happens about once a month.

Ricardo

I've been a smoker twice. The first time I gave up gradually, reducing the number of cigarettes and with a book by Alan Carr. The second time I lit a cigarette out of stupidity, but gave up very soon, absolutely without difficulty. Now I very often smoke hookah, almost every day...

Paul

Hello everyone! I began to think about quitting smoking, but I just can't make up my mind. I place myself daily, but I still continue to smoke. I even get scared from the thought that I can never take a cigarette. I read Carr, and I was decisive, but his last words in the book that now I will smoke my LAST cigarette completely broke up all this determination. It just became scary. Moreover, I have a psychological habit, not a physical one...

Lewis

I also just like this process at certain points. For example, at work I do not smoke and feel calm, I smoke only at home, at lunchtime, in restaurants, etc. And if I could miss a cigarette during the day, then a morning cigarette is simply a must for me. I can't even imagine how I can not smoke in the morning. How will I eat and drink in a restaurant and not smoke during breaks! I understand that this is stupid, because non-smokers somehow live with it ...

So, who had similar feelings, how did you deal with it?