Pyelonephritis

Hannah

Hello. When my son was ten years old, he had pyelonephritis. Now the boy is thirteen, and he dreams of doing some kind of sport. Can you please tell me what kinds of sports can my son do after pyelonephritis? Thanks 😽

Davies

Hello. When my son was ten years old, he had pyelonephritis. Now the boy is thirteen, and he dreams of doing some kind of sport. Can you please tell me what kinds of sports can my son do after pyelonephritis? Thanks 😽
Does he have any health problems now?

Nathaniel

As a rule, doctors allow physical activity when, after treatment, a person passes from the acute period of the disease to the recovery stage. Here, not only the type of load is selected, but also its mode, and necessarily individual rehabilitation therapy. The correct selection of a set of exercises depends on the initial diagnosis, and on age, and on what physical form the person was in before the illness.

Consult your doctor ;)

Riley09

The best thing is remedial gymnastics, which is also therapy. Any little thing in this situation is very important, because unnecessary exertion, long and frequent training can weaken the body.

Antonio

What kind of sport does he want to do?

Hannah

So why are you worried then?
I am very worried that the disease will come back again... 😖 Tell me, are there any preventive measures to prevent this disease? I am also interested in how sports can affect a child in general after pyelonephritis.

samphy

Violation of kidneys often leads to the poisoning of the body with toxins, because one of their main functions is the elimination of metabolic products from the body and the regulation of fluid, acid-base balance. With good muscle activity, metabolic products enter the bloodstream and are actively excreted by kidneys. Therefore, when choosing a particular level of physical activity, it is important to take into account the existing problems on the part of the excretory system.

Under the influence of fitness training, the acid-base balance is better regulated and kidneys function better as well.

Noah

@Hannah a good alternative to fitness is walking in the fresh air at a brisk pace. However, depending on your circumstances, walking on a treadmill is also allowed, as well as an exercise bike or cross-trainer. In winter, he can go cross-country or downhill skiing, in summer - bicycles, and scooters are also ok.

Larry Fowler

He told me he wanted to take up swimming or boxing.
As you already understood, the main thing is not to get carried away with increasing exertion and to avoid blows and falls. It is because of the risk of falling that I would not recommend boxing.

Maxim Morris

As you already understood, the main thing is not to get carried away with increasing exertion and to avoid blows and falls. It is because of the risk of falling that I would not recommend boxing.
I would not recommend boxing even to a completely healthy child as this kind of sport is quite dangerous.

Elliott

Why? I had been doing boxing for 3 years when I was a teenager. Nothing bad happened to my health, I became fast and strong.
Doctors often urge to prevent youth boxing in every possible way, as this sport threatens children with dangerous head injuries, such as concussions. This is true, but statistically, such injuries are not so common.

Julian

He told me he wanted to take up swimming or boxing.
High-intensity lessons like HIIT, Tabata, etc. are highly undesirable. Alas, running, any jumps, CrossFit are excluded after them. Strength exercises that you do with straining, as well as plyometric and speed training, are prohibited.

After a certain time, he can start doing sports. However, even in the phase of persistent and prolonged remission with pyelonephritis, one must remember that sports injuries are unacceptable.