Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD),

Davies

Why do many soldiers suffer from this condition after they retire from service?

Last edited:

Anderson

I've been wondering about thesame thing. My grandfather had this condition before he died. He was in the army..
known as shell shock or combat stress, occurs after you experience severe trauma or a life-threatening event.

Lewis

Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can occur following a life-threatening event like military combat, natural disasters, terrorist incidents, serious accidents, or violent personal assaults like rape.

Lewis

Is PTSD a type of depression?
Both depression and PTSD can affect your mood, interests, energy levels, and emotions. Yet, they’re caused by different things.
It is possible to have both of these conditions at once. In fact, your risk for having one increases if you have the other.

Brushra

So I can't use antidepressants to treat PTSD??
I feel they could help but I doubt if they'll be 100% effective since PTSD is triggered by memory flashbacks unlike depression and can cause hallucination and trauma.

Felix

CBT is a type of psychotherapy that has consistently been found to be the most effective treatment of PTSD both in the short term and the long term. CBT for PTSD is trauma-focused, meaning the trauma event(s) are the center of the treatment.