New Mole on Face or Body

Albert

I have a big mole on my back. Do I need to remove it? everyone says that it’s dangerous, but how really?

Brodie

I have a big mole on my back. Do I need to remove it? everyone says that it’s dangerous, but how really?
If the mole changes shape or surface structure, causes discomfort, is damaged, or is too open and vulnerable, it is recommended to remove it. It should be remembered that a mole is not always a harmless purely aesthetic problem. A consultation with a dermatologist is mandatory, who will examine the mole with a dermatoscope and determine whether it should be removed and in what way.

Cindy

Many people are sure - touch a mole - there will be cancer in this place. My grandmother also scared me in childhood. To such an extent that there was even a fear of inadvertently injuring one of them. Is it true that moles cannot be removed because a malignant tumor may develop in this place after some time?

Cindy

Many people are sure - touch a mole - there will be cancer in this place. My grandmother also scared me in childhood. To such an extent that there was even a fear of inadvertently injuring one of them. Is it true that moles cannot be removed because a malignant tumor may develop in this place after some time?
The myth is probably due to this. In the eyes of the average person, any dark neoplasm on the skin is a "mole". Doctors distinguish pigmented nevi, papillomas, candilomas and much more in this category. There are both borderline neoplasms (basal cell carcinomas) and malignant (melanomas, which are considered to be one of the most malignant tumors).

Nico

The myth is probably due to this. In the eyes of the average person, any dark neoplasm on the skin is a "mole". Doctors distinguish pigmented nevi, papillomas, candilomas and much more in this category. There are both borderline neoplasms (basal cell carcinomas) and malignant (melanomas, which are considered to be one of the most malignant tumors).
Therefore, any neoplasm that began to increase or change shape, get sick or just get constantly injured when dressing - should be removed and studied at the tissue level.

Nico

The first thing that should alert you is any change in the mole. This may be an itching or pain in this area. One of the late and advanced symptoms is bleeding. This also includes its rapid growth and the appearance of any unpleasant symptoms in the field of hyperpigmentation. If a mole maintains its size at the same level for years, then melanoma can change over several months, increasing and changing color.

Fred

The border of the usual pigmented nevus is smooth and clear. In melanoma, the borders are ragged, fuzzy, jagged or radiant, with scales or tubercles, often of a different color than the mole itself. These signs should alert you, especially if they are combined with rapid growth or discoloration.

Gustus

Usually moles are symmetrical and rounded. This indicates the uniformity of cell division and pigment distribution. Melanoma can have a completely irregular shape, which indicates the atypical nature of cell division and proliferation, invasive germination in other tissues. If you notice that one of the halves is different from the other, then this may be the first sign of a tumor process.

Brodie

Safe pigment spots have a uniform color throughout their area. Melanoma can change color in the range from white-gray and pink to brown or black within the same pigment spot. This is a dangerous sign that indicates a malignant tumor.

Ruth King

Only a dermatologist or oncologist can reliably distinguish a benign tumor from a malignant one using a special device - a dermatoscope.
Yes! If they have any doubts, you will be asked to perform the removal with a mandatory histological examination, after which it will be clear exactly what the remote education is. Do not delay a visit to the doctor in case of doubt!

Anderson

Moles can appear anywhere in the body, including on the mucous membranes, in the oral cavity, on the tongue, in the vagina, and in the anus. Moles on the mucous membranes are more common in women than in men.

Jeremy

Moles can appear anywhere in the body, including on the mucous membranes, in the oral cavity, on the tongue, in the vagina, and in the anus. Moles on the mucous membranes are more common in women than in men.
Why are they more common in women you think?