Narcolepsy and a lot of symptoms of a bunch of disorders/conditions

Gene Meyer

I have symptoms of narcolepsy but they're not as severe I think I have a lot of symptoms of a bunch of disorders/conditions but they're all not very severe but I'm just I don't know like there's so many problems.

George

Your feelings are always valid no matter the severity, they effect us all differently. So what may not be severe for you, may be for another.

Gene Meyer

I don't know where this question is supposed to go but I'm sleeping all the time these days like I barely make it through classes without sleeping and I sleep during the day after eating lunch till dinner time and I'm sleepy/tired during dinner and lunch and I sleep at around 12-1 every night pretty late but I wake up at 7:30 so it's just enough I know.

And I have these weird moments where I need to zone out it's like my eyes wanna stare at what's right in front of me and I can move but I can't really do anything without like zoning out again.

George

That sounds like Excessive Daytime Sleepiness and also narcoleptics don’t regulate their temperature either.
For example, when it’s time for bed normally your body temperature would drop but in narcolepsy, since our circadian cycle doesn’t have a pattern you will randomly get cold, and hot.

Eleanor

That sounds like Excessive Daytime Sleepiness and also narcoleptics don’t regulate their temperature either.
For example, when it’s time for bed normally your body temperature would drop but in narcolepsy, since our circadian cycle doesn’t have a pattern you will randomly get cold, and hot.
That's what's been happening all the time. I thought I was going insane. I am literally always too hit or too cold to the point of if it's hot I wake up and feel like I'm gonna vomit, and when it's too cold I sleep pretty awful as well, but it feels like I can never find the right in between.

Harry

That's what's been happening all the time. I thought I was going insane. I am literally always too hit or too cold to the point of if it's hot I wake up and feel like I'm gonna vomit, and when it's too cold I sleep pretty awful as well, but it feels like I can never find the right in between.
Yeah. Narcoleptics don’t regulate body temperature well, so we have to change the environment to fit our temperature

Craige1985

Hey! Its been a while since I was on here, but I have a few questions... I hope you guys have been doing well

I was diagnosed with hypersomnia recently (my neurologist cant say for sure if its IH or type 2 narcolepsy - she thinks I'm somewhere in between) and I've been on modafinil for a month.

Its working pretty great, I don't really fall asleep when I don't want to anymore... but I've noticed that it takes me longer to fall asleep at night.

I'm scared of developing insomnia or something going to bed at night is starting to stress me out.

Is this normal... has anyone experienced this? Any tips?

Adams

Hey! Its been a while since I was on here, but I have a few questions... I hope you guys have been doing well

I was diagnosed with hypersomnia recently (my neurologist cant say for sure if its IH or type 2 narcolepsy - she thinks I'm somewhere in between) and I've been on modafinil for a month.

Its working pretty great, I don't really fall asleep when I don't want to anymore... but I've noticed that it takes me longer to fall asleep at night.

I'm scared of developing insomnia or something going to bed at night is starting to stress me out.

Is this normal... has anyone experienced this? Any tips?
I've had that problem! For me they lowered the dose of the modafinil but definitely talk with your doctor to see what they can do.

Craige1985

I've had that problem! For me they lowered the dose of the modafinil but definitely talk with your doctor to see what they can do.
Thanks for taking the time to answer!! I wonder if there's a dose lower than 100mg lol TW weight does weight affect the way I react to the dose? I lost quite a bit recently....

Idella

Thanks for taking the time to answer!! I wonder if there's a dose lower than 100mg lol TW weight does weight affect the way I react to the dose? I lost quite a bit recently....
Hey, yeah talk to your doc! Only tip I can think of is to really make sure you are taking it as soon as you wake up or if you’re taking more than one dose a day, try taking the second dose earlier. On the weight thing, I'd say this definitely could have an effect but, it’s going to be safer and more practicable to change meds and not worry about weight. I would watch out though, because I also lost heaps of weight quite quickly after starting on armodafinil because I didn’t realize and wasn’t told there might be an appetite suppressing effect. If you’re experiencing that, make sure to keep regular meals!!

Adams

Hey, yeah talk to your doc! Only tip I can think of is to really make sure you are taking it as soon as you wake up or if you’re taking more than one dose a day, try taking the second dose earlier. On the weight thing, I'd say this definitely could have an effect but, it’s going to be safer and more practicable to change meds and not worry about weight. I would watch out though, because I also lost heaps of weight quite quickly after starting on armodafinil because I didn’t realize and wasn’t told there might be an appetite suppressing effect. If you’re experiencing that, make sure to keep regular meals!!
Thank you so so much for your insight!

Tried taking it a few hours earlier in the morning and I feel like I'm doing better at night now!!!