I've never experienced insomnia before till this week

Adams

I've never experienced insomnia before till this week. I guess since it's finals week for my school. I went 4 straight nights without sleeping at all. It was like I lost the function to feel tired. I'm wondering if any of u guys have any tips for shutting your brain off? I think my main problem is not being able to filter out the anxious thoughts. I found a temporary solution by sleeping on the couch instead of my bed which gives me a couple hours but it's not preferable. So yeah I've tried progressive muscle relaxation, completely darkening my room, avoiding using devices during the evening (and if I have to it's the blue light filter). Exercising a couple hours before sleep, white noises, sleep hypnosis vids on YouTube etc. But I'm interested in hearing alternative solutions if u guys got any? Sorry for the long question lol.

Barnes

I've found healthy out lets to mange stress help. Also before getting into bed try and relax on a chair or something. If you cant sleep at night get up and walk or something. Don't stay in bed tossing and turning..

Also there's some nights ur not gonna sleep. That's kind of just how insomnia works.

Adams

I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah I've just never dealt with it before so not getting any sleeping makes me worry a lot lol.

Adams

That's a little reassuring. What could happen past that. I heard hallucinations are a thing?

Bell

Does anyone ever find it that they can never sleep at night but during the day they can sleep perfectly? I feel like I’ve developed a fear of going to bed because of anxiety but if I sleep in my bed during the day I am fine this only seems to happen at night

I have been taking herbal tablets to calm stress and anxiety which had been working very well for the first week taking them but ever since my sleep has gone from 9 hours to 2.

Bennett

I mean that’s normal for us with narcolepsy, I don't know know about insomniacs.

Last edited:

Bailey

Does anyone ever find it that they can never sleep at night but during the day they can sleep perfectly? I feel like I’ve developed a fear of going to bed because of anxiety but if I sleep in my bed during the day I am fine this only seems to happen at night

I have been taking herbal tablets to calm stress and anxiety which had been working very well for the first week taking them but ever since my sleep has gone from 9 hours to 2.
Literally my entire life.

Allen

So I have a really weird sleep schedule, it changes in like months. Like 3 months I'll be mostly oversleeping, and then a few days later I'll be acting like an insomniac, like I'll have a sudden burst of energy that just won’t go away (like right now).

Aurora

Not an insomniac, but I absolutely had shit like that before narcolepsy got way worse. it wasn't months for me though, generally just a flow of like 4 days.

Bennett

It doesn’t matter how much sleep I get at night, I’ll still be tired throughout the day cause I stay in REM the whole time. But then there are weeks where I won’t sleep at night either.

Like this week 😪

Allen

By the way, when I say I sleep all day, I mean that I wanna, but obviously my mom just gives me coffee, and then she continues when I can’t sleep cause she doesn’t really know that I don’t sleep, so.