Itching after taking my bath.

Lewis

I have a friend who complains of terrible itch after his bath. He has cycled between a series of soaps and creams in order to stop the itching but that hasn't really helped much. I believe there are a lot of professionals in this forum. So any advice on what could be causing this and the recommended treatments or therapy.

Alfredo

Has he spoken to a dermatologist about this? There are quite a lot of things that could cause skin irritation after bath..

Sam

“Xerosis cutis” simply means that your skin is too dry.

The itching may happen mostly on your feet or legs because those parts of your body has so much contact with the water.

Kleo

“Xerosis cutis” simply means that your skin is too dry.

The itching may happen mostly on your feet or legs because those parts of your body has so much contact with the water.
I heard this could be hereditary too..

Frank9

You mean the itching after bath?
Yeah..

Aquagenic pruritus is a condition that causes intense itching without any visible skin changes after contact with water of any temperature. The symptoms may begin immediately after contact and can last for an hour or more. The cause of aquagenic pruritus is unknown; however, familial cases have been described.

Rokey

I have a friend who complains of terrible itch after his bath. He has cycled between a series of soaps and creams in order to stop the itching but that hasn't really helped much. I believe there are a lot of professionals in this forum. So any advice on what could be causing this and the recommended treatments or therapy.
He should keep his skin oiled at all times..

Rokey

It's a defective skin gene in people with an inherited skin disorder, which causes itching, especially on the legs.