"It is all in your head", Really?

Fisher

Hooooo this all reminds me of one of the GPs that I saw when my regular GP was out of office. "You're 22 years old, I can't see any reason for you to be in pain and you seem to be able to move fine". He then topped off by cancelling the anti-inflammatory medications I was prescribed by a different doctor because I was too young to need them. What a joke!

Dawson

Hooooo this all reminds me of one of the GPs that I saw when my regular GP was out of office. "You're 22 years old, I can't see any reason for you to be in pain and you seem to be able to move fine". He then topped off by cancelling the anti-inflammatory medications I was prescribed by a different doctor because I was too young to need them. What a joke!
Lol, what kind of an argument is that?! Did you tell your regular GP about it?

Dawson

With me its episodes of chest pain that last around a week or two, swollen forehead veins, floaters in eyes, ringing in ears, headache.
Can you tell if the symptoms are better or worse in certain situations or under certain influences?

Fisher

Yeah, she reinstated the prescription for me and expressed her sympathies, but it did feel like one heck of a kick in the teeth for me.

Dawson

Looks pretty normal to me, T3 is a bit outside the normal range but for a thyroid condition, usually both T3 and T4 are similarly affected. NAD, though! What did your doctor say?

I have suspected ulcerative colitis (but I had an intestinal infection at that time so they're not sure). They think it's more than likely not ulcerative colitis, although I continue to have GI issues. Apart from that, I have been having random but chronic pain mostly in my joints, and my joints make popping/cracking sounds quite often. I have a hard time walking because my knees bend on their own and too much, and my ankles keep turning outwards. These walking problems have been an on-and-off problem for most of my life. The movement issue doesn't seem to be a nerve problem, both my nerves and muscles appear healthy in tests. The only oddity that might signal why I'm feeling pain is my abnormally high creatine kinase (CK) level, somewhere in the mid thousands which has been like that for almost a year now. The gastroenterologist said that this is probably not connected to my intestinal issues because it started long before my intestinal infection, but the rheumatologist I was referred thinks they might be connected. I have yet to go to the rheumatologist again, but I feel like by now they're just gonna call it stress again. I'm not really sure what to do at this point (also is this the right place to put this?)

Ambrose Motley

Dawson as your TSH isn't high but T3/T4 can be higher it can be Thyroid works ok as TSH rises when pituitary must tell Thyroid to work more if it 4 some reason doesn't so maybe something lets it not work fully how’s your salt/carb/calorie/vitamin D?

Ambrose Motley

I suspected so based on low TSH+low T3/T4.
That feeling when I started to see potential causes of the stuff and it turning out right based on stuff I’ve read.

Dawson

Marquis... It would be weird of them to call it stress considering the increased CK; that is usually indicative of muscle damage which would explain your joint pain. Which tests did they do to assess your muscle function?

First they suspected some kind of autoimmune thing, but my CRP and antinuclear antibody test results were normal. They also had me do a MRI of my muscles, electromyography, and nerve conduction study, but everything was normal.