"It is all in your head", Really?

Fox

I recently had someone who told me they hoped my symptoms were idiopathic. ummm no thank you, that would mean all I can do is manage my symptoms and never actually treat the cause !!

Cooper

Yeah I didn't respond, we're not close enough for me to go into it. I also told her I was waiting 4 months for my appointment with a rheum and she was like I had no idea the waits are that long!!! (this is all at the academic medical center she's a student in).

Dawson

See that's something I don't really understand; most doctors and clinics have these endless waiting lists but the waiting time usually stays more or less constant which means they are not actually overwhelmed with too many patients seeing as they process just as many as are coming in.

A few months ago I was at a thyroid clinic that was just great. I didn't have to make an appointment, I could just walk in, wait 10-20 minutes (which is often also the wait if I have a regular doctors appointment ^^) and they really took their time to explain everything to me.

Gray

My aunt is a doctor so if anyone needs any answers/questions to be answered you can message me here. I will be happy to help.

Cooper

A few months ago I was at a thyroid clinic that was just great. I didn't have to make an appointment, I could just walk in, wait 10-20 minutes (which is often also the wait if I have a regular doctors appointment ^^) and they really took their time to explain everything to me.
Wow. How was the thyroid test? I had mine today. Getting results soon.

Dawson

More than 6 months for the new serious symptoms but I have always had some weird symptoms.
Yeah, thyroid dysfunction can stay under the radar pretty long... but if it turns out to be that, usually there are very effective treatments for it.

Dawson

Hm... I'm not a doctor but that doesn't sound like thyroid to me... Have you been checked for Celiac Disease?

Cooper

Nope.
I think I have thyroid issues because sometimes I feel like my throat is choking me on it's own.
I have cold intolerance, hair loss and mood swings.
Those earlier aforementioned symptoms are just the new ones.

Green

With me its episodes of chest pain that last around a week or two, swollen forehead veins, floaters in eyes, ringing in ears, headache.

I have been to the ER 3 times.