Is there a generic version of every brand drug?

Everett

Well, a newly manufactured brand drug cannot be seen in its generic version for a very long time. I think it takes up to or more than 15 years before a brand drug is produced in the generic version. This time frame gives the pharmaceutical company to make a decent profit from the drugs before it's produced in a generic prototype and sold at a very cheaper price.

While I was getting some pills for the flu that hit me when I was on a vacation with my fiance in Houston, I began to wonder if there are drugs that got only the brand version of it and no generic. Is there any as I would like to know what makes a brand drug gets to the generic side of it.
Here in New York, you won't get the generic version of every drug especially when the rights given to a particular pharmaceutical company to manufacture the drugs are still with them. This is necessary for them to recover from such an invention.

I'm Mark

While I was getting some pills for the flu that hit me when I was on a vacation with my fiance in Houston, I began to wonder if there are drugs that got only the brand version of it and no generic. Is there any as I would like to know what makes a brand drug gets to the generic side of it.
Generic drugs are different from brand ones when many producers have not been given the approval to manufacture such drugs.

Tomcat

Any drug that is in its brand stage may not have the generic version yet because of copyright attached to it. The patent will give a particular pharmaceutical company to produce such drugs.

Mike Carter

You found none for the one you were looking for. Drugs like ARVs don't have generics. And there are more.

Bethany

You may check here is there a generic version of the branded drug you want: