Is online diagnosis accurate?

Abigail

Hi, now most people tend to do almost everything online and online diagnosis is one of them. Is this a good trend and is this accurate like meeting up a doctor for real???
For some conditions, in fact, most of them, it may work. However, there are some problems that the doctor needs to assess by touching the affected part using his hands. We both know that in such a case, you have to see the doctor face to face.

Govanni

I can't say they are very accurate, I believe to make a good diagnosis the doctor must examine the patient himself and prescribe the medications. I think except under emergency conditions, do consult a doctor, not an online diagnosis.

Fenster

I personally do not go for an online diagnosis. I don't believe that it can give us an accurate diagnosis. Like @Govanni said, a doctor must examine you physically to give an accurate diagnosis report. If you get diagnosed incorrectly and you follow the prescription given, it might lead to even worse health conditions. Meeting a doctor might cost you more but it assures you that you are getting a correct diagnosis.

Richard

I have never done this and never will. I am old school all the way when it comes to going to the doctor. I would not want to see a doctor through the computer. I think that a doctor needs to look at you and feel various parts of your body, check your lungs and heart and breathe. But that is just me.

Lolita

No, it is not something that is accurate. I would never do it. I think that doctors need to see you in person. By looking at a person you can not tell everything. You need to actually examine them in many cases.

Eve Macias

Online pharmacy diagnosis is very effective especially when you get to do it with professional health care staff and not just quacks floating online looking for who to scam. It all depends on if you are comfortable with online pharmacy treatment or not.

Bruce23

It is accurate up to a certain extent, I mean there are some diseases or conditions, which cannot be explained by the patient correctly, but a doctor can easily detect. In a situation like that, the diagnosis might not be so accurate. But this method is very useful indeed. I guess in the future there will be methods to make this more accurate.

Elliot

Using the online diagnosis and indicating the symptoms that bother you you can identify possible diseases and find out which doctor to consult. This tool is not a substitute for medical advice.

Roman

Online pharmacy diagnosis is very effective especially when you get to do it with professional health care staff and not just quacks floating online looking for who to scam. It all depends on if you are comfortable with online pharmacy treatment or not.
I still don't get it, how can an online diagnosis be more accurate than offline? So, a plane doctor is more experienced than a doctor in an ship right :censored:

PK Roy

@Roman I do agree 100% with you, how can an online diagnosis be possibly accurate than seeing a doctor in real?? Online diagnosis is accurate to a certain extent, not completely accurate.

Sandor

Think of someone who got injured while gaming (football, for example). If the doctor wants to assess the patient's body for a fracture, will it be possible online?

Elijah7

Tests that have been clinically validated in peer-reviewed studies are more reliable. The more studied a test is, the more reliable it is likely to be. Even the best tests, however, cannot substitute for the professional judgment of an expert.

Lucas

I began to realize that plenty of "self-diagnosis" resources, like Web MD, often didn't differentiate these very specific types of relatively common words. So I'd type "dizzy" and "weak" in a search bar and get disease results that, after further research, didn't match my actual symptoms. I learned I had to be very specific about how I felt (i.e. "I feel like I'm rocking back and forth in a figure 8 pattern. It gets better if I close my eyes. Sometimes I feel like I"m spinning."), and things like Web MD aren't designed for that.

Gilbert45

I don't really understand how physical symptoms that are visible can be described accurately over the internet. I'd be worried that I'm going to get an incorrect diagnosis and get the wrong meds...and end up even more unwell!!

Ferb

Hi, now most people tend to do almost everything online and online diagnosis is one of them. Is this a good trend and is this accurate like meeting up a doctor for real???
It's not fake as long as you are able to narrate the symptoms you are having to the doctor.

Mia

I think yes if you manage to describe all your symptoms accurately.