Is it safe to buy drugs from an online pharmacy recommended on social media?

Barida

The world of technology is getting better each day and that means that interaction among users of social media such as Twitter, Facebook and the rest is becoming homely daily. However, I don't know how safe it is to buy medicine from an online pharmacy recommended by a social media pal even as she assured that they sell quality drugs?

Ethel

Well, from my experience so far dealing with people's recommendations on social media handles, I personally don't take what they say hook, line, and sinker because lots of crap are being posted online on the internet on daily basis. What I normally do would be to have a good background check on the online pharmacy using various methods of confirming whether the site is legitimate or not.

Henry

The world of technology is getting better each day and that means that interaction among users of social media such as Twitter, Facebook and the rest is becoming homely daily. However, I don't know how safe it is to buy medicine from an online pharmacy recommended by a social media pal even as she assured that they sell quality drugs?
What is important to know is that there are phishing websites and social media networks are the easiest place to see one. So, you need to be careful with the links you click on to avoid being scammed. My suggestion will be that you check out for the pharmacy through Google, without clicking from the link from Twitter, and see how real the online pharmacy is.

johnsms

Caution should always be used the first time you are buying meds from an online pharmacy. Do your research before you buy it from the online pharmacy. I think social media recommendation was made to create awareness of the website. They may be legit but not popular. If they are legit, they will have registered with an online pharmacy regulatory agency such as MHRA or CIPArx. If the recommendation came from a friend you trust on twitter, facebook, etc, I think you should at least check them out.

Christina

It's safe if you don't believe every word you hear and check the information before making transactions.

Martin

All that you require to do would be to look up the recommended online pharmacy using some platforms where it can be verified if such online pharmacy can be trusted or not. You can use PharmacyChecker.com or LegitScript to verify the authenticity of any online pharmacy before using it.

Alice

Do you trust who recommended it? If you know the person who is recommended, then I do not think that they would harm you. And if you have questions about it, then ask them. Ask if they really have experience with the company. Surely a good friend will not steer you in the wrong direction.

Reilly Black

I think what his more paramount here is two things:

1) Your safety and
2) Your money

If there's a way you can get your money back then that is not a problem buying anything online if you didn't get the satisfaction it is designed to give you.

Some people value money more than their life and some people value their life more than money so what do you value most?

Gerald

The main concern here should be the person who is recommending the site, if he/she can be trusted or if you know the person personally, then you can trust him/her and proceed, but make sure you do some research yourself before ordering.
If you don't trust the person completely, you must be careful, sometimes the sites might pay people to advertise or recommend their sites, so they might be just advertising without any idea of it being safe or not. My advice is either he is trusted or not, you must check the site yourself before ordering.

Ted

Not always, because some people might just give out their opinions even without searching for any information, ie. if one person gives out a fact, the next person might just verify it even without knowing for sure. Also, people might be getting paid or the owners themself might be recommending their sites on social media sites. So you must check for yourself before using a site just because it was recommended by people on a social media site.

Barnes

This is really not what I have expected :mad::mad::mad:

Felix

It is useful to get an idea that the site is worth checking, but not safe. Because social media just goes with the flow, if someone starts something people will start talking about it, and fake news spread easily. So do not trust things in social media, but investigate on your own regarding the facts discussed in social media and judge for yourself.

Mandarine

I do agree with what @Felix said, it is useful to find a pharmacy site and get an rough idea of whether it is a scam or not, but we cannot depend on the facts given in the social media by other users. I usually try to find a friend or a trusted person who uses the site to get details of the site, which is the best and safest and most accurate method to find out if a site is legit or not.

George

I would trust an online pharmacy recommended to me on Social Media, if done by a very close friend or family member, otherwise, I wouldn't. Although if someone who is not too close to me, but just one of the friends on Facebook, I would still go ahead check the credibility of the website, but in the first case, I wouldn't even bother to commit a check.

Many doctors depend on google and social media to treat patients. So what about that?

That is more like spending money to buy poison, if we are not careful about it. Better to avoid it.

Bennett

What matters is the research you do after that. Online pharmacies should be checked for regulation, customer reviews, and more.