Is it bad to have nightmares about past traumas and relationships?

Evans

No, that's actually really normal.

A pretty common theme for mine is about or related to a past trauma and relationship.

Adams

Depends, if it’s becoming a nightly thing then it’s bad. If they’re just one off’s or relatively irregular that’s perfectly normal.

Bell

If you are still dreaming about trauma your mind is still trying to process it, and store it.

April Conrad

My boyfriend cheated on me a while ago (I'm still together with him, since he told me why, and it was an actually valid reason ((like, the person was gonna do him if he didn't))) and a few days ago i had a nightmare that I was cheating on him (which I would never do) and I was really scared and sad in the nightmare, and I woke up, and started crying, because I thought it was real. But 5 minutes later I realized it didn't actually happen, but I kept on crying anyways.

Although I'm contradicting myself, aren't I? Since I said it was a valid reason, yet I still feel betrayed

Bell

No one is here to judge/bully you based on how you feel, I can assure you that. And if they do, ping us.

Evans

Emotions aren't always very logical, and especially with nightmares your brain can take the smallest bad feeling you have and twist it into something way worse. Your brain is trying to process the feelings basically.

Bell

Also keep in mind that everyone processes trauma and other hurtful events differently. We are not the same, but unique. So don’t feel bad if it doesn’t make sense to you.

Evans

Also I'm 100% here for you in regards to nightmares, I am very familiar with the feelings that come with them.

Evans

Do you know why you get them? If it's the same ones it's likely something in your life you aren't processing.

Atkinson

I don't know why I get them. Most of them just involve my parents and lil brother and my friends dying right before my eyes.