Is fibroid hereditary and what are the the possible treatments?

Bethany

Yes. A fibroid is hereditary but that is not the only known cause.
Fibroid development may be linked with the person's estrogen levels. During a person's reproductive years, estrogen and progesterone levels are higher. When estrogen levels are high, especially during pregnancy, fibroids tend to swell

Fox

Fibroid development may be linked with the person's estrogen levels. During a person's reproductive years, estrogen and progesterone levels are higher. When estrogen levels are high, especially during pregnancy, fibroids tend to swell
But it's not a malignant tumor, right?

Oskar

Myomectomy. A myomectomy is an operation to remove fibroids while preserving the uterus.
I feel that women who are past menopause can take out the uterus though as that is a much easier surgery.

Bethany

I feel that women who are past menopause can take out the uterus though as that is a much easier surgery.
Yes. You're right Oskar but for women who have fibroid symptoms and want to have children in the future, myomectomy is the best treatment option. Myomectomy is very effective, but fibroids can re-grow.

Bethany

As these tumors take over the uterus the symptoms will become worse. The fibroids pain will increase. The heavy bleeding will become heavier and it may be accompanied by severe cramping.

Bell

As these tumors take over the uterus the symptoms will become worse. The fibroid's pain will increase. The heavy bleeding will become heavier and it may be accompanied by severe cramping.
Alright. But can it metastasize?

Idella

My cousin died after this operation.😐
Like any surgical procedure, a laparoscopic myomectomy does have some risks, though rare. Complications may include injuries to internal organs and bleeding. Also, your uterus may be weaker after surgery. Therefore, women planning to become pregnant in the future are usually encouraged to have an abdominal myomectomy.

Oskar

My cousin died after this operation.😐
Hello Audrey, I'm sorry to hear that. Death from myomectomy is rare but it does happen. There are several risks involved in every surgical process and I'm sure the doctor would have made her aware of the risks before the surgery.

Anderson

Aside from myomectomy, are there other good treatment options?
Certain procedures can destroy uterine fibroids without actually removing them through surgery. They include: Uterine artery embolization. Small particles (embolic agents) are injected into the arteries supplying the uterus, cutting off blood flow to fibroids, causing them to shrink and die.