Is bald hair hereditary?

EDWARD

I have come across some people presume to have gotten their bald hair inherited from their parents especially their father but I'm not sure and as such would like to learn more on the subject.
On some occasions, it would appear that bald hair is passed down from parents to their offspring because I have seen a family where all the sons are with bald hair.

What is your opinion on this subject?
I'm not sure if it's something that is passed down from genes but we have this superstitious belief that suffering causes bald hair.

Jordan88

I have come across some people presume to have gotten their bald hair inherited from their parents especially their father but I'm not sure and as such would like to learn more on the subject.
On some occasions, it would appear that bald hair is passed down from parents to their offspring because I have seen a family where all the sons are with bald hair.

Yes, I think bald hair runs in the gene. My grandfather had it, my father has it and I still have it myself.

Melissa

Yes in most cases it's transferred from father to son. My son has it as I have it myself.

Jorah

It looks like it's related to nature and not environmental effects. I don't have it and my son have it.

Claude

I would say that over 80% of bald hair is caused by nature of genes.