Is anyone in med school planning on working in Switzerland?

Ambrose Motley

Hello, it's not part of my plan right now. I am more thinking about Austria/Germany. But for a student exchange I would consider it.

Ambrose Motley

Yes it would be amazing but also for me Austria may be a better fit since I will be closer to my home country.

Besides my German isn't the best (only A2/B1) and conquering Swiss German would be hard.

Good luck!!

In Switzerland they require standard B2/C1 German and a B2 of either French or Italian, which is gonna be a lot of work. Also Germany and Austria cover almost all the costs and for Switzerland I'd have to pay myself.

I'm not sure if it's worth it. Thought I'd ask on here too but it doesn't seem like I get good future vibes lol.

Did you find good agencies?

Ambrose Motley

I mean I'm still in my first year but I will very likely use Erasmus for student exchanges first to get in my language practice.

I would love Germany but Switzerland has so much nicer taxes.

And I'd love to do internal medicine which is highly searched for in these countries.

Ambrose Motley

It is. Small enough to not feel too big to not prevent any one day trips (which you can do to anywhere in the country mostly), but also with enough people to not feel like you know every family.

If you have the chance to go or use Erasmus, you can use it for Slovenia and be in the international rotation of our final years

For university, international rotation is all in English, but Slovene language is hard enough to discourage most people from adapting to it and staying in Slovenia.