I'm showing a lot of ADHD symptoms and I'm watching YouTube videos

Riley09

Hey! So, I'm worried or whatever because I'm showing a lot of ADHD symptoms and I'm watching YouTube videos and taking quizzes to see and I know I should go to a Health Professional but I don't want to talk to my parents about it so I would like an opinion and since I'm a girl in her teens I guess it's harder to diagnose as well I guess. I just really want a second opinion because I'm pretty sure I might have it.

Idella

Can you describe your symptoms a bit more detailed? When do you have what exactly? Might just be a lack of movement..

Riley09

I don't really know what regular symptoms in girls are so it's hard for me. But these past few months I've just made a realization I get a lot more distracted than anyone else in my class and it's really affecting my work at school. It's very hard to concentrate and remember things at home and school as well. And I can never get things done because I never start them.
I'm much more moody and the smallest things can make me very upset and ball my eyes out. It's probably normal for all girls so I think I'm just stupid.
I'm trying really hard for these things to not get in my way but I can't help it.
I also hyper focus sometimes when I'm doing a task I enjoy but I didn't know that until a friend told me.
Oh, and I have horrible time management but that runs in the family.

Riley09

And one more thing, when me and my mom go places like the local clinic or just someplace where you need to sit still, I'm always fidgeting with the magazines and the toys even though It's not fun. Even if I bring my phone, I end up doing that. Except when the room is crowded. I get uncomfortable when people stare at me lol.
Wow, that's a lot. But I am well behaved, I don't like causing trouble at school but my parents and siblings make me pretty upset sometimes.

Idella

Is there country where you are living at at a lockdown? If that's the case it's not a big surprise, these are kind of side effects of a lack of movement, and during a lockdown you don't do that much I guess. How much sports do you do? Honestly this doesn't sound like ADHD, more like a lack of movement or something like that.

Idella

It means that you don't move and do sports enough. Our body needs to move, it needs to be trained. If you don't move you don't only get fat, you can also get other diseases like heart diseases and you can get very jittery, which is the case right now for you.

Riley09

Oh, well I do work out every morning for an hour and I sometimes do my online classes outside. Just yesterday I was outside for 3-4 hours.
But I trust your word.