I want to know if Depression is a disease

Nikky

Is depression a disease? I have studied in Pharmacy about antidepressants and various treatments for depression. This makes me wonder if depression is actually a disease.

Noah

Is depression a disease? I have studied in Pharmacy about antidepressants and various treatments for depression. This makes me wonder if depression is actually a disease.
Of course, it's a biological disease..

Anderson

Of course, it's a biological disease..
Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Fortunately, it is also treatable. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed and it's treatable so yes, it's a disease.

Albert

Depression is a really common illness in today's world. It affects a large percent of the young population. The topic of depression really needs to be tackled sensitively..

Idella

Depression is a really common illness in today's world. It affects a large percent of the young population. The topic of depression really needs to be tackled sensitively..
Yes, you're right. Ive counselled a lot of people out of depression in recent times and the number of cases seems to grow rapidly at a steady pace..

Anderson

and yes! Depression is a disease. Although the specific cause for depression is unknown but there are many possible causes.

Idella

Of course not, there could be many causes of depression and this can be difficult to discover the answer is no; they do not eradicate the underlying causes of depression.
btw...I still believe counselling is still the most effective treatment option before the use of antidepressants. Counselling helps to single out the cause of depression for each patient ...