I think I have whooping cough

Armstrong

I've been coughing real bad and I want to go see a doctor but i just want to be certain that Its not whooping cough. I've also been throwing up during or after coughing fits. Could this be whooping cough?

Armstrong

I've been coughing real bad and I want to go see a doctor but I just want to be certain that It's not whooping cough. I've also been throwing up during or after coughing fits. Could this be whooping cough?
These are the only major noticeable symptoms I've seen. The other symptoms are just like a normal cough.

Idella

These are the only major noticeable symptoms I've seen. The other symptoms are just like a normal cough.
Does your cough sound like "whoop?", symptoms may include a runny nose, nasal congestion, and sneezing.

Last edited:

Idella

Okay. What kind of test would I be required to do?
Your doctor can diagnose whooping cough by: checking your symptoms. asking whether you may have been in contact with someone who has whooping cough. swabbing the back of your nose or throat or doing a blood test.

Armstrong

Your doctor can diagnose whooping cough by: checking your symptoms. asking whether you may have been in contact with someone who has whooping cough. swabbing the back of your nose or throat or doing a blood test.
Okay then, I'll go for some tests...🙂