I removed 4 teeth for my braces, and now I have elastic bands

Layla

I removed 4 teeth for my braces, and now I have elastic bands pulling them together. And one of the elastic bands are bent downwards is that meant to be like that. And the tooth that's being pulled hurts.

Colton77

Pain is normal due to the pulling force, the bone around the teeth are being remodeled.
For the elastic bands being bent, not sure. Can you show a picture?

Last edited:

Colton77

Need more info .But I think it is because your teeth become closer, the distance between the band become closer and bend, may be you need another appointment with the dentist to change another band.

Layla

Thank you, by the way, the teeth being pulled isn't inline with the back tooth is that a problem?

Colton77

By elastic band , you mean the arch wire right?

Don't worry your orthodontist will adjust his treatment plan according to your tooth movement.

Colton77

The band is going to lose its elastic straight after 2 weeks or a month.
He will change it again in next appointment don't worry.

Layla

Oh! Okay. By the way, I had like black stuff in the middle of my teeth do you know why they put like silver stuff over it.

Colton77

By black stuff , I think those are caries. silver stuff are amalgam filling .after removing the caries ,we cant just leave leave the tooth like that . we have to fill those cavity with either amalgam filling or G.I filling depending on your need of aesthetic.

Your dentist didn't explain you before or after your treatment?