I have this sharp pain in my left abdomen. What could be the cause?

Cindy

So I have a pain sometimes in my left abdomen and It gets really bad at night. I throw up sometimes and it seems to occur more frequently now..

Grant

From my experience, I think we might just be dealing with either of two things here. Ulcer or appendicitis. You'll need to have a series of laboratory tests done.

Claire

Well, some non pathological causes could also include constipation, over eating, stress or muscle strain.

Graham

My friend had a similar case once. She was wrongly diagnosed with ulcer and even began to take medications for ulcer only to discover as the pain worsened that she had a ruptured appendix and nothing related to ulcer at all...

Claire

My friend had a similar case once. She was wrongly diagnosed with ulcer and even began to take medications for ulcer only to discover as the pain worsened that she had a ruptured appendix and nothing related to ulcer at all...
Ruptured appendix! Wow. People die from that right? I hope she came out fine?
She had surgery?

Graham

Yeah, she had a successful surgery although the doctor said she was really lucky. Further delay could have taken her life.

Adams

Why do we have an appendix anyway?

I don't see the use and it causes a series of problems instead..

Brushra

Okay, I think I'm gonna create a new thread on this topic. I really want to see what people think about this here...