I got opportunity to go to Detroit Mercy...

Ezra

I got opportunity to go to Detroit Mercy and do the 7 year dental program but I don't know if I want to be a dentist. I like the idea of being a dentist but I don't know if I'm a good fit..

Ezra

What's holding me back is that I got offer to get a full ride to a college if I get a high SAT score but I'm afraid about that I'd I go to Detroit Mercy I won't have enough money to pay for college.

Anderson

What's holding me back is that I got offer to get a full ride to a college if I get a high SAT score but I'm afraid about that I'd I go to Detroit Mercy I won't have enough money to pay for college.
Sorry we had midterms and I totally forgot to reply! Hmm.. so it looks like it’s just a monetary problem then? Have you looked into financial options such as loans, scholarships, or the army?
But you did mention before that you don’t know if dentistry is the right path career wise. Perhaps you can take an internship or shadow for about a month or so. It will give you an idea of whether you want to do it for a career or not
And then if you decide it’s the right path, take a steady internship and do what is possible to make the money(see options above). There are also more ways, but you can talk to Detroit for more school specific financial options :)
Also think about how long it will take you to reach dentistry (assuming that stays your goal) in taking each path. Maybe map it out on paper beforehand.

Alberto

Sorry we had midterms and I totally forgot to reply! Hmm.. so it looks like it’s just a monetary problem then? Have you looked into financial options such as loans, scholarships, or the army?
But you did mention before that you don’t know if dentistry is the right path career wise. Perhaps you can take an internship or shadow for about a month or so. It will give you an idea of whether you want to do it for a career or not
And then if you decide it’s the right path, take a steady internship and do what is possible to make the money(see options above). There are also more ways, but you can talk to Detroit for more school specific financial options :)
Also think about how long it will take you to reach dentistry (assuming that stays your goal) in taking each path. Maybe map it out on paper beforehand.
You gave a very good piece of advice, Anderson ;)