I’m extremely anxious that I have lockjaw

Turner Larsen

This is very random but I’m extremely anxious that I have lockjaw. I recently got a cut that was exposed to lake water and dirty wood around 7-8 days ago. I disinfected it after probably 20-30 minutes of exposure. Recently I’ve had an elevated heart rate, stiff neck and now a sore throat. I don’t believe I’ve had a tetanus shot within 10 years, but I’ve had one before.

Sorry if I’m in the wrong place, just looking for some help.

You might just have an infection. Swollen tonsils can can cause the feeling of a sore throat and jaw pain/neck pain. It is also possible you have a tetanus infection. Either way you should go to the doctor as soon as possible as if it is tetanus, it can be life threatening.

This is very random but I’m extremely anxious that I have lockjaw. I recently got a cut that was exposed to lake water and dirty wood around 7-8 days ago. I disinfected it after probably 20-30 minutes of exposure. Recently I’ve had an elevated heart rate, stiff neck and now a sore throat. I don’t believe I’ve had a tetanus shot within 10 years, but I’ve had one before.

Sorry if I’m in the wrong place, just looking for some help.
You need doctor's examination