How safe are online pharmacies?

Damilare

In my own candid opinion, I would like to say the safety of an online pharmacy for a buyer or patient is basically related to their certifications and affiliations. I wouldn't want to say online pharmacy is not a better way to procure drugs due to the fear of scam everywhere online but when it comes to drugs which are quite different from every other product as it relates to health we really need to be mindful of government approval for such online pharmacy or store.

For instance, I wouldn't just go online and patronize any drugstore based on an advert I saw somewhere, but I will rather patronize an online pharmacy that is affiliated to an offline store with a good reputation.

Henry

Affiliations to offline pharmacies is one thing to consider when buying medicine from an online pharmacy. This is one sure way to track your medicines being delivered to your home. Furthermore, no offline pharmacy that is into online selling of medicines will attempt to do something fishy when it comes to customers satisfaction.

Online pharmacies that are not approved by any regulatory agency are not safe to order any drugs from but from observation so far people still order from such pharmacies. Does it mean that they don't care?

In my own candid opinion, I would like to say the safety of an online pharmacy for a buyer or patient is basically related to their certifications and affiliations. I wouldn't want to say online pharmacy is not a better way to procure drugs due to the fear of scam everywhere online but when it comes to drugs which are quite different from every other product as it relates to health we really need to be mindful of government approval for such online pharmacy or store.

For instance, I wouldn't just go online and patronize any drugstore based on an advert I saw somewhere, but I will rather patronize an online pharmacy that is affiliated to an offline store with a good reputation.
Certification is what makes most popular online pharmacies legit. This is because they met the requirements given to them and that's what matters most of the time.

Esther C Reid

Most online pharmacies registered under either CIPA or NABP are always legit. This is the reason I always check out for such certifications when I am buying meds online.

Rowan

Online pharmacy that is fully approved and accredited by online pharmacy regularly bodies are fully safe to order from. But once they are not accredited, please stay away.

Riley09

To me, I think the risk is just the same. We also have quackery in the brick-and-mortar stores such that if you don't get your facts right, you lose. The same applies to online.

Piggy

It is becoming easier and easier for Canadians to purchase drugs online. A quick internet search will turn up hundreds, if not thousands, of websites selling drugs. It may seem convenient and cheap, but purchasing drugs online may expose the patient to serious health risks. While there are some legitimate outlets online, an overwhelming number are operating illegally and may sell inappropriate or dangerous drugs.

Tracey

It is a pleasure to see so wise comments. According to my opinion, buying online is the most convenient thing if you follow some rules:
  • Rule 1. Avoid cheap medications! Very low price is a sign of typical scam activity in 99% of cases. (Brand meds can't cost less than generics.)
  • Rule 2. Check the legality of business! Approvals and certificates are indicators of quality and safety. (Spend some minutes to google it.)
  • Rule 3. Read pharmacy feedback! Reviews and testimonials show the level of customer support. (There are manipulated reviews but it is not difficult to recognize fake comments.)
I think that all these points help you to buy high-quality pills without any problem.

Fergie

Online pharmacies that are not approved by any regulatory agency are not safe to order any drugs from but from observation so far people still order from such pharmacies. Does it mean that they don't care?
I would say that how safe an online pharmacy is would be determined by its alignment with the rules and regulations guiding the processes of operation by online pharmacy.

Casey

It is a pleasure to see so wise comments. According to my opinion, buying online is the most convenient thing if you follow some rules:
  • Rule 1. Avoid cheap medications! Very low price is a sign of typical scam activity in 99% of cases. (Brand meds can't cost less than generics.)
  • Rule 2. Check the legality of business! Approvals and certificates are indicators of quality and safety. (Spend some minutes to google it.)
  • Rule 3. Read pharmacy feedback! Reviews and testimonials show the level of customer support. (There are manipulated reviews but it is not difficult to recognize fake comments.)
I think that all these points help you to buy high-quality pills without any problem.
Thanks for giving these rules, I think someone might need them :)

Kadyn Brown

Yes, if an online pharmacy has an affiliated physical pharmacy, then it is legit unless the online pharmacy has been put up without the acknowledgment of the real pharmacy.

Foxy

There are lots of safe online pharmacies and their drugs are cheaper than what we have in offline pharmacies.