How is compounding pharmacy different from what an online pharmacy does?

OlivaMomma

Comparing apples and oranges. Online pharmacy handles already prepared medication and will usually bill your insurance company. Compounding pharmacies compound products that are not available or sometimes doses that are not commercially available. They usually will not bill your insurance company. You pay the pharmacy and submit your claim to the insurance company. Sometimes you can be reimbursed for the script but usually because of some of the screwy rules the insurance companies have when it comes to compounded prescriptions it will be excluded and not reimbursed.

Robert

Comparing apples and oranges. Online pharmacy handles already prepared medication and will usually bill your insurance company. Compounding pharmacies compound products that are not available or sometimes doses that are not commercially available. They usually will not bill your insurance company. You pay the pharmacy and submit your claim to the insurance company. Sometimes you can be reimbursed for the script but usually because of some of the screwy rules the insurance companies have when it comes to compounded prescriptions it will be excluded and not reimbursed.
I only knew about the drug customization part and not the billing part. Also, I'd like to know about their charges. The deal seems so good that I doubt the charges could be so high.

Wick

Which ones are these again?