How does trazodone and tolerance work?

Atkinson

How does trazodone and tolerance work? I know all drugs have different tolerance levels and such but my psychiatrist isn’t answering until Monday so I thought I’d ask here. I feel like it’s working somewhat less efficiently but I may be thinking myself into it, however I’m not sure. I take it practically every night, I’m 16, 5,11 188 lbs

I don't know if that's a factor. I know there are a lot of factors though.

Brushra

Have you gained a lot of weight recently? If not, your weight has nothing to do with "tolerance build-up". Your weight can be a factor for dosage, but doesn't effect tolerance (unless your weight changes a lot).

What dosage are you on and was it increased already? From what I read on the internet, the dosage is increased slowly until you reach your "maintenance dose". It seems to be common that the dosage of trazodone (as with many other antidepressants) can be increased. The common dosage for the beginning seems to be 100mg (a tablet a day), which can be increased to up to 400mg (4 tablets a day) .

Atkinson

Have you gained a lot of weight recently? If not, your weight has nothing to do with "tolerance build-up". Your weight can be a factor for dosage, but doesn't effect tolerance (unless your weight changes a lot).

What dosage are you on and was it increased already? From what I read on the internet, the dosage is increased slowly until you reach your "maintenance dose". It seems to be common that the dosage of trazodone (as with many other antidepressants) can be increased. The common dosage for the beginning seems to be 100mg (a tablet a day), which can be increased to up to 400mg (4 tablets a day) .
I began on 25mg now I’m at 50. My weight has not changed much, so I haven’t gained weight.

Atkinson

Take your medication as prescribed. Talk to your doctor and don't increase dosage or interval on your own. @Atkinson
Yeah I know. I don’t want to go up too much either because I want trazodone to be a long term thing, I have sleep issues and I have to get up at 7 am for college.