How do you know a fake review?

Albert

Yes, we are all aware of the importance of checking for reviews about any online pharmacies before we proceed in purchasing our prescribed drugs from them. But, from observation and experience so far, fake or scam online pharmacy can now go to any extent in order to lure people into buying from them by putting up fake reviews online just like they set up their fake online pharmacy. How can someone differentiate between a fake review and a real review?

James

You should always check reviews on more than at least two sites, there may be fake reviews, but they can't add fake reviews to all the sites and always check reviews from trusted and popular review sites. Sometimes a fake review is easily detected all you need is some sense...lol
I just wanted to ask how possibly you can decipher a fake review with some sense. I was expecting you might want to say that the use of words or excessive praise on the item compared to how someone would normally react. I quite disagree with your phrase some sense which actually doesn't make any sense to me.

gharoldie

There are some signs of generated reviews about which you can read in this article.
Thanks for linking such a nice resource in this thread.

I read the article you linked above. It is given a suggestion of many good ideas. Some of these ideas are that you should never trust reviews that are on the website that you want to buy your items from. This is because these reviews can easily be faked. Also, you are told to find an independent source of reviews. That is, you should find a website that has a good track record for verifying the reviews they publish. These two websites were recommended in the article. There are BBB and Trustpilot.

It is actually hard to say if a review is fake or not just by the review itself, we have to consider the site in which the review is in and also check other reviews as well. If the other comments tally with the review and they are in a trusted site then we can confirm they are real comments.

Beth Thomas

You should always check reviews on more than at least two sites, there may be fake reviews, but they can't add fake reviews to all the sites and always check reviews from trusted and popular review sites. Sometimes a fake review is easily detected all you need is some sense...lol
All you need to know a fake review is the sense. It will definitely show!

Nemo

Yes, we are all aware of the importance of checking for reviews about any online pharmacies before we proceed in purchasing our prescribed drugs from them. But, from observation and experience so far, fake or scam online pharmacy can now go to any extent in order to lure people into buying from them by putting up fake reviews online just like they set up their fake online pharmacy. How can someone differentiate between a fake review and a real review?
Either from the excess or excessive accolades.

Lynn Nguyen

I often copy two to three reviews from the pharmacy and paste the words on search engines. If there are any, you'll see results with the same words as customer reviews.

Marco Diaz

I sometimes check if the implications of the reviews make sense, though this one works only in some cases, since some people are smart liars.

Jayden Parker

Hope you're not talking of customer reviews, but reviews by websites. Reviews by websites can also be doctored, but those that are off can be detected naturally. For example, scam-or-legit.com and drugstorereviews.com are very reliable sources.

Albert

I often copy two to three reviews from the pharmacy and paste the words on search engines. If there are any, you'll see results with the same words as customer reviews.
Yeah, that's a very clever and fast way to check reviews :sneaky:

Vinny

A fake review will most likely look like a fake review because the reviewer won't give any facts that could be verified.

Lonnie

You will someone's whose reviews will praise an online pharmacy that it's very clear they are not safe online pharmacy. It will claim all sorts of good that the online pharmacy is real when people know they are fake.