Have you guys ever experienced nocturnal enuresis?

Taylor1

I just thought of something I would like to discuss here although its really embarrassing.

But have you guys ever experienced nocturnal enuresis? Could that be linked to a sleep disorder?

Like... I've always been a very clean child so starting to wet the bed at age 20 was really the shittiest experience of my whole life.

It wasn't really a problem because it happened once in 2019, but then last year when I turned 21 and started having a lot of problems. Re :sleep (gaining lots of weight, sleeping a lot, sleep paralysis almost everyday) I really struggled with frequent nocturnal enuresis

I would dream about going to the toilets every single day and just. Pee myself in real life.

Did some tests, my bladder was (and still is) in perfect condition, no problem whatsoever. It just magically went away and I've been accident-free for more than a year now but holy shit ya know.

I still am scared to death that that might happen again... idk if that can be a symptom of something else ? it was really about not being able to distinguish dream for reality in my case, I feel.

If anyone has anything to say (even if its just "F, bro...") please do, this is so embarrassing I'm so stressed.

Anderson1

Hey! That sucks. I get why you'd be worried it could happen again. I really know next to nothing at all about this, but I know stress/mental health things can sometimes lead to issues like this Try not to feel too embarrassed or get down on yourself. I know there are a lot of assholes out there that would, well, be assholes about it, but you weren't doing it for shits and giggles.

Taylor1

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read & comfort me!!

It really screws with my sleep patterns even to this day. When I don't think about it i can fall asleep in what feels like seconds, but yesterday I suddenly felt rly scared and stayed up until late because i went to pee 13 times in 2h (literally).

Anderson1

Oh jeeze! Having high blood sugar or a UTI can cause you to need to pee a lot. Maybe that's something you should ask your doctor about. I mean, it sounds like they already checked for a UTI, but maybe check again? I dunno.

Also, the fact that you struggle to tell dreams from reality sometimes, and that you fall asleep so quickly, sounds a lot like some kind of sleep disorder to me. But again, my knowledge is pretty limited.

Dalia Lopez

I just thought of something I would like to discuss here although its really embarrassing.

But have you guys ever experienced nocturnal enuresis? Could that be linked to a sleep disorder?

Like... I've always been a very clean child so starting to wet the bed at age 20 was really the shittiest experience of my whole life.

It wasn't really a problem because it happened once in 2019, but then last year when I turned 21 and started having a lot of problems. Re :sleep (gaining lots of weight, sleeping a lot, sleep paralysis almost everyday) I really struggled with frequent nocturnal enuresis

I would dream about going to the toilets every single day and just. Pee myself in real life.

Did some tests, my bladder was (and still is) in perfect condition, no problem whatsoever. It just magically went away and I've been accident-free for more than a year now but holy shit ya know.

I still am scared to death that that might happen again... idk if that can be a symptom of something else ? it was really about not being able to distinguish dream for reality in my case, I feel.

If anyone has anything to say (even if its just "F, bro...") please do, this is so embarrassing I'm so stressed.
Interestingly enough, I have daytime issues with my bladder. It doesn't always let me know when it's full, and that leads to incontinence. I'm 22. I do have control for the most part, but any leaking or feeling like you have to pee for an hour when it's empty is still embarrassing. I've learned to wake myself up during those dreams about having to go to the bathroom cause I've always been terrified of wetting the bed.

Taylor1

Interestingly enough, I have daytime issues with my bladder. It doesn't always let me know when it's full, and that leads to incontinence. I'm 22. I do have control for the most part, but any leaking or feeling like you have to pee for an hour when it's empty is still embarrassing. I've learned to wake myself up during those dreams about having to go to the bathroom cause I've always been terrified of wetting the bed.
Oh!! its « nice » meeting someone my age with a similar problem ahah (although its not really fun for us huh), thanks for sharing.

Taylor1

Oh jeeze! Having high blood sugar or a UTI can cause you to need to pee a lot. Maybe that's something you should ask your doctor about. I mean, it sounds like they already checked for a UTI, but maybe check again? I dunno.

Also, the fact that you struggle to tell dreams from reality sometimes, and that you fall asleep so quickly, sounds a lot like some kind of sleep disorder to me. But again, my knowledge is pretty limited.
I think the problem isn't really my bladder; its more a psychological fear that prompts me to get up and go to the toilets than a physical need. most of the times I don't even get to pee properly when I've already gone 10 times.

Personally I have full control of my bladder except when I sleep & dream about peeing... my doctor gave me some meds against incontinence for a while but they did nothing and I still kept wetting the bed, so I pretty much have the polar opposite of what.

Taylor1

It got so bad at some point that when I woke up (for real) in the mornings I was so scared of still being in a dream that I couldn't go to the toilets before confirming that I was awake IRL and its even worse that I get sleep drunkenness (??) sometimes and get stuck in a loop where I believe I got up & dressed and then realized I was still in bed, redid the same routine, & realized I was still in bed.

Anderson1

Oof! I have those mornings. I'm in and out of like, really light sleep, can't quite tell if I'm awake and keep dreaming that I've gotten up and started my day only to realize I haven't xP.

Taylor1

Its awful!!! How do I tell my boss I'm late because I thought I was up but actually I wasn't lmaoo.

Harry

Has anyone had dreams that predicted the future?
I once had a dream that I drew a picture of my grandpa and a kid took a red crayon and drew all over his chest. The next day he had a heart attack and almost died.