Don't trust those e-mails!

Jackie

I have been getting e-mails to my main account for a good year and a half now. I am not sure how they found my e-mail address but they did. This was before I was even looking into online pharmacy options. A friend of mine ended up click on one of these e-mails and the site actually scammed her credit card number off her and ended up spending up to her $5000 limit within 12 hours. Thankfully, she had protection for this otherwise she would have been in a mess.

Never trust random pharmacy e-mails, especially when you never signed up to the site.

Henry

I have been getting e-mails to my main account for a good year and a half now. I am not sure how they found my e-mail address but they did. This was before I was even looking into online pharmacy options. A friend of mine ended up click on one of these e-mails and the site actually scammed her credit card number off her and ended up spending up to her $5000 limit within 12 hours. Thankfully, she had protection for this otherwise she would have been in a mess.

Never trust random pharmacy e-mails, especially when you never signed up to the site.
Some of those emails can be phishing mails that may look real and like the original. This is the reason we should be very careful with the way we click on those kind of mails. Being careful will help us to avoid getting scammed at the end of the day.

Martinsx

It's never advisable to input your card details on just any website that asks for it. You are easily making your account vulnerable to hackers and when you lose your money to such people, you are absolutely the one to be blamed for anything that happens. It does not cost much to blast spam emails to millions of people, it's the gullible ones that falls for it that would be the scape goat.

Barida

I don't check mails that doesn't concern the business that I am doing. Once I notice multiple links on such mails, I ignore and try to check from the real website if such massages are for me. This has been saving me a lot of stress as well since it is not always easy to know how real such mails are.

Theoheat

I wouldn't bother about any email that drops in my spam folder because most times such emails are filled with junks and spam links. I do go to my spam folder once in a while to delete mails and check out a few ones that look genuine but I'm always careful opening any link on such mail. Scammers go to any extent to get your attention in order to scam you.

johnsms

You should definitely not open any unsolicited medical emails. Even if the email is not a harmful email with malicious intent, it can still be annoying and unwanted. I make it a point to only open those emails that I have personally subscribed to, on websites that I have visited.

The dangers of opening unsolicited medical emails, or for that reason, any other unsolicited emails, can include impersonation and the loss of one's funds.

Here is an article that will give you more information on the dangers of opening unsolicited emails, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_email_scams.

Caitlin27

Always look for things that are usually a massive telltale sign:
  • Not using your name (instead of saying ‘customer’)
  • Using spelling mistakes or grammatical errors
  • Foreign links
  • Unusual email layout
  • Asking for money, credit card details or additional information that you have perhaps already provided the legitimate site with
  • Absence Of official help, FAQ etc links at the bottom of the email
With this in mind, it can help you avoid the scams that are often sent to your inbox.

Thanks for the warning, Jackie :sneaky: