Do pharmacists know more than doctors?

Rayhan88

Do you feel that pharmacists know more than doctors? I was once told this and got to thinking and it is possible. A pharmacist needs to make sure that medications are not going to interact. Doctors should have this same responsibility, but I just think that pharmacist is better at this than doctors are.

Julie

I don't really think pharmacy still knows more than doctors and I think it is even better not to compare both professions as they are solely focused on different areas of health. Bet to a great extent I believe pharmacists rely more on doctor's instruction to be patient hence there is a likelihood that doctors should naturally know more than pharmacists because they are closer to the patients and mostly refer the patient to the pharmacist.

Elizabeth

Pharmacists generally know tons more about drugs than doctors. Pharmacists are loathed to second guess doctors, but get to understand one and you will find they're an excellent source of data and can even offer you their professional opinion on whether you're on the proper drug.

jashmine68

Do you feel that pharmacists know more than doctors? I was once told this and got to thinking and it is possible. A pharmacist needs to make sure that medications are not going to interact. Doctors should have this same responsibility, but I just think that pharmacist is better at this than doctors are.
Pharmacists know more about medicines and their salt compositions but doctors know more about the human body and its problems. Sometimes doctors are not aware of new drugs arrival in market because medicines selling is not their profession. whereas for the single illness, a pharmacist reads different prescriptions of different doctors. So pharmacists are well informed not knowledgeable.

Cecelia Martin

Yes, of course, pharmacists have more knowledge than doctors about drugs and medicines. The work of both the doctor and the pharmacist is different, a pharmacist is the one who produces or manufacture medicines and the doctor is the one who tests these medicines and checks whether it is effective or not, then the doctor recommends that medicine to us. So doctors are not the drug makers so how they can know more in comparison with pharmacists?

Rufus J Echols

Both professions are essential to the good health of man. They work hand in hand to ensure that human lives are protected daily through the use of drugs and prescriptions. I don't think one is better than the other in my opinion.

Adams

These two professions shouldn't be compared in any way.

The pharmacists know much about drugs and their components while the doctors know much about the human body system and how they function.

The pharmacists produce drugs but the doctors are the ones to prescribe and administer the drugs to the patients. So these two professions work hand in hand.

GARY

Doctors most likely do not know as much about drugs as a pharmacist would.
Then you have been seeing a fake doctor for sure or an inexperienced one. Doctors know far more than an average pharmacist ever would. They are most of the time extremely bright students from the very beginning and then they go through very rigorous training and are still called practitioners because they are constantly learning. Whereas, pharmacists are below average or average students in most cases, who retail drugs just to make some money.

They both are on completely different levels.

Sandor

From what I understand, doctors don't interact with medications as much as pharmacista do. On the other hand, pharmacists don't get involved in physical assesment and treatment of patients as much as doctors do. If you had to reframe your question, I'd recommend that you specify the field in which you want us to compare the two.

Everyone is a professional in their own field would be my opinion. Doctors know more in their jurisdiction than pharmacist and vice versa.

Peter Kelly

I don't really care about who knows better between doctors and pharmacist, my concern is that I get properly treated.

Fin Wykes

These two professions shouldn't be compared in any way.

The pharmacists know much about drugs and their components while the doctors know much about the human body system and how they function.

The pharmacists produce drugs but the doctors are the ones to prescribe and administer the drugs to the patients. So these two professions work hand in hand.
I beg to disagree. The pharmacist also understands how the human body works to an extent.