Do a test

Brandon

Staff member
One of the best tests you can do at home is to heat a small glassful of water to bath temperature and see if one of the pills dissolves completely in the water. This works because bath temperature is roughly human body temperature, however, counterfeiters sometimes use talc, dolomite or gypsum to bind the pill together, and these substances do not dissolve well.

I can tell you a few ways to identify fake drugs. When you go home after buying pills, take note of one, whether there is any doubt about the color, size, composition of the drug. Check whether there is any broken parts in the medicine. If you are in doubt, avoid taking it. If the drug is crystalline, see if it is as strong or soft as the previously purchased drug. If there is an abscess on the inside of the medicine, the drug should be avoided.

Sam6065

You can use mobile phone apps to scan the barcodes on certain items or text it to a number via SMS for free and revive almost instant information about the product as to whether it is legally certified or not.

Possibly take the meds to your doctor or ring them before risking taking anything that could be fake. The risks aren’t worth it.

SiaRodgers

I would hate to buy the pills, test them, and only then find out they are fake. Aren't they easier ways of doing this? Like maybe a way to check beforehand?
The only way is verifying that the source (pharmacy) has always been a supplier of original meds. The recommendations above are for those who've already found themselves with the drugs, so they want to make sure that they don't fall victim to poison or other effects.

pervej

One of the best tests you can do at home is to heat a small glassful of water to bath temperature and see if one of the pills dissolves completely in the water. This works because bath temperature is roughly human body temperature, however, counterfeiters sometimes use talc, dolomite or gypsum to bind the pill together, and these substances do not dissolve well.

Thank you for this idea, I will try it when I buy drugs next time.

Christina

There are "signs" by which you can recognize an unscrupulous drug manufacturer:
  • broken packaging integrity
  • uneven font
  • spelling errors in the instructions
All this directly can not affect the quality of the drug, but it is precisely such "little things" that allow the buyer to detect potential counterfeit right at the pharmacist's window.

Farah Islam

Thanks, Brandon, I made this experiment with my kids haha