Difference between granulation tissue and granuloma on histology?

Adams

Histology is one of my least favourites. Does anyone know the difference between granulation tissue and granuloma on histology? I keep mixing them up.

Barnes

Picture-wise, granulomas tend to look like a dense pink nodule compared to granulation tissue. also use clues in the question to help you figure out if it's a granuloma vs granulation tissue.

Granulation tissue tends to form after acute injuries and formed by a mixture of myofibroblasts, fibroblasts, and collage.

Granulomas form after TB infection or autoinflammatory diseases (crohn's, sarcoidosis, etc) + if there's mention of calcifications with 1-alpha-hydroxylas.

Barnes

It is actually the exact situation I am in at my school, LOL. Forgot to resubmit my tutor app before the deadline.

Adams

Picture-wise, granulomas tend to look like a dense pink nodule compared to granulation tissue. also use clues in the question to help you figure out if it's a granuloma vs granulation tissue.
What if it is a suture that gets infected? I chose granulation tissue and it was granuloma...didn’t look infected. Also both look pink, LOL.

These look like granulomas to me.

But they are granulation tissue.

Attachments

Adams

Granulomas form after TB infection or autoinflammatory diseases (crohn's, sarcoidosis, etc) + if there's mention of calcifications with 1-alpha-hydroxylas.
If only they made it that easy. NBME questions are the worst.

Also I hope you don’t think I’m just using you as a free tutor. I’m hoping for more of a collaborative learning so feel free to ask anything too.

Barnes

Granulomas at least to me look a bit more heterogeneous than what’s depicted on these pics, but that’s just my opinion.

Barnes

Also I hope you don’t think I’m just using you as a free tutor. I’m hoping for more of a collaborative learning so feel free to ask anything too.
Damn. I was hoping you would make me your private tutor so I can get paid. Joking :LOL:

Adams

Damn. I was hoping you would make me your private tutor so I can get paid. Joking :LOL:
LMAO. I am used to the type of collaborative learning we do at my school I guess lol, we just like to help each other figure stuff out.

Barnes

Feel free to keep asking questions. helps keep me on my toes. my friend told me nbme questions are horrible. it's like they ask "patient has fever, chills, headache, cough. what do they have?"

Like, can you give like even one good buzzword?

Barnes

Those red markings could have been blood vessels from angiogenesis. So I would think granulation tissue.