Difference Between A Normal And A Cancerous Cell

Cole

First you have to know the difference between a normal and a cancerous cell. Both benign and malignant will usually have the first 5 points.

Once you see that, you can say the degree of 'wrongness' of the malignant cell is more positive, there is a potential of the cells crossing past its normal boundaries, and invading into surrounding tissue.

Attachments

Cole

Yes, definitely.

Benign tumours can cause problems:- usually due to size, and cause, say pressure symptoms, blockage, as limitation of movement (which is dangerous in itself) but is limited to its own area.

Cole

Malignant not only does that, but 'infects' and spreads into the surrounding, unrelated tissues as well.

Cole

Mental stress? Not that I know of. Constant use/pressure/damage to an organ/surface (for example, physical stress)? Yes.

Cole

It is convenient for people in normal talk, but doctor to doctor if someone said "He has a tumour". I would roll my eyes at them, because I would want to know what type, what grade, mets, etc.

Cole

And depending on the location and type of cell, it can progress in different ways. Yeah, it is pretty easy.

Adams

Like you start realizing that prostate cancer usually goes to bone mets, etc, from experience.