Brand-name or generic; the best affordable quality meds

Colton77

Are all affordable meds generic? If yes; are all the affordable, quality meds only generics?
Most brand drugs are of higher quality than generic drugs. However, when it comes to being effective, I would say that most of the generic drugs are also as good as brand drugs. The reason people go for generic drugs is that it is cheaper than brand drugs that still got patent rights. Left to me, as long as the generic drugs solve my health issues, I won't think of buying brand drugs since it will save me some funds.

Andrea

Most brand drugs are of higher quality than generic drugs. However, when it comes to being effective, I would say that most of the generic drugs are also as good as brand drugs. The reason people go for generic drugs is that it is cheaper than brand drugs that still got patent rights. Left to me, as long as the generic drugs solve my health issues, I won't think of buying brand drugs since it will save me some funds.
"Brand drugs are of higher quality than generic drugs...However, when it comes to being effective, I would say that most of the generic drugs are also as good as brand drugs..."

How can you explain the difference between "effective" and "quality" with respect to drugs?