Anxiety

Oskar

I'm suffering from anxiety... I always think that something bad is going to happen and notice changes in my heart rate. I even think that my anxiety has a specific trigger, but I don't know how to fight it. Has anyone faced the same problem?

Christina

My friend had anxiety attacks. She decided not to take prescription medications but asked her primary care physician for a referral to a psychotherapist, and those techniques, that were suggested, helped a lot in managing my friend's anxiety. There is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of. Try to see a therapist and be honest with them to make progress.

Jackie

For some people prescription drugs help. For others, they do not. My sister has had an anxiety disorder for 10 years now. She gets full-blown panic attacks and can't even drive now. The way she deals with them is through cognitive behavioral therapy and it seems to be helping her a lot.

Henry

My friend had anxiety attacks. She decided not to take prescription medications but asked her primary care physician for a referral to a psychotherapist, and those techniques, that were suggested, helped a lot in managing my friend's anxiety. There is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of. Try to see a therapist and be honest with them to make progress.
@Oskar, you should try this method and tell us how fine it went. One thing that I have noticed about anxiety attacks is that there are times you may not be able to focus on doing the things that you want and that is where the issues come up. So, try to see a therapist find out what to do.

Oskar

@Oskar, you should try this method and tell us how fine it went. One thing that I have noticed about anxiety attacks is that there are times you may not be able to focus on doing the things that you want and that is where the issues come up. So, try to see a therapist find out what to do.
Thanks for the advice, guys! I think I'm ready to see a doctor and move forward 👩‍⚕️

Caitlin27

I'm suffering from anxiety... I always think that something bad is going to happen and notice changes in my heart rate. I even think that my anxiety has a specific trigger, but I don't know how to fight it. Has anyone faced the same problem?
Hi Oskar,
Sorry to hear about your struggle with anxiety but please don’t worry as there are many ways you can alleviate symptoms and learn your triggers.
CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) is a method of counselling that would be very useful is your situation. It would help you identify your triggers and possibly understand where the anxiety stems from. Mention this to your doctor which by now I hope you’ve seen (since your last post said you were ready 😊!).

CBT can also be a great way of learning coping mechanisms that work for you. These can be simple things like taking your favourite hand cream with you everywhere because the smell is something you really enjoy. Or perhaps always have your favourite podcast or tv show downloaded and ready to go for wherever you next can listen to it and remind yourself that that is what you’re now thinking of and planning, taking your mind of the trigger causing any anxiety.

I hope you’re doing well and I also hope these tips helped!

stephannie

oh
Sorry about that and I really wish you recovery on this, but can you see a doctor about it, maybe it's past experience or trauma you once had that is causing it. Take good care of yourself.

Oskar

Hi Oskar,
Sorry to hear about your struggle with anxiety but please don’t worry as there are many ways you can alleviate symptoms and learn your triggers.
CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) is a method of counselling that would be very useful is your situation. It would help you identify your triggers and possibly understand where the anxiety stems from. Mention this to your doctor which by now I hope you’ve seen (since your last post said you were ready 😊!).

CBT can also be a great way of learning coping mechanisms that work for you. These can be simple things like taking your favourite hand cream with you everywhere because the smell is something you really enjoy. Or perhaps always have your favourite podcast or tv show downloaded and ready to go for wherever you next can listen to it and remind yourself that that is what you’re now thinking of and planning, taking your mind of the trigger causing any anxiety.

I hope you’re doing well and I also hope these tips helped!
Thanks for such a detailed reply and your care, Caitlin 😘

Edward Hilton

I think you should find a way to clear your mind from having such bad thoughts. I think meditation will help you a lot.

David Whyman

Simply stop thinking that something bad is going to happen, how hard can it be? It's what you feed your mind is what it gives in return.

Josh Mendez

I never knew what anxiety felt like unless I saw this coronavirus pandemic. Breathing slowly helps. There are several pranayamas in yoga that can help you. Also, don't forget to try Tai Chi.

Craig Wilson

You are not alone in this problem, my friend! There are lots of us actually o_O First of all reach out to someone you can talk to about it, find the support of your loved ones. As they say, a problem shared with another person is already half of the problem. Talk about what is bothering you – speaking out your fears helps to relieve internal tension!!

Oskar

I never knew what anxiety felt like unless I saw this coronavirus pandemic. Breathing slowly helps. There are several pranayamas in yoga that can help you. Also, don't forget to try Tai Chi.
Are you interested in yoga?

Oskar

You are not alone in this problem, my friend! There are lots of us actually o_O First of all reach out to someone you can talk to about it, find the support of your loved ones. As they say, a problem shared with another person is already half of the problem. Talk about what is bothering you – speaking out your fears helps to relieve internal tension!!
A very good piece of advice, this is so true... thanks for commenting!